2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 4:53 PM by MagnusTJ

Merge / combine folders?

MagnusTJ

When trying to re-link a specific folder (containing subfolders) in LR5 to a Finder folder containing all the photos/videos, this message (in Swedish) appears:

It means:

"The selected folder or one if its subfolders is already in LR. Do you want to combine these folders?"

Does anyone know, what does this mean exactly? I do not want to combine all the subfolders into one...

Skärmavbild 2014-12-18 kl. 10.39.46.png

• 1. Re: Merge / combine folders?
          dj_paige Level 9

Actually, I have seen this several times and I didn't know what it meant. Then in a recent thread here in this Forum, someone actually tried it and it produced the proper expected results (for him). Perhaps you might want to make a copy of your catalog file before you go ahead, and then try it. But I haven't done this, so I guess there are no guarantees.

• 2. Re: Merge / combine folders?
            MagnusTJ Level 1

Just now, I did an extra backup just before trying it and when I this time did it the question did strangely not show up! So now everything seems to work, but I still don't understand what is going on.

Thanks anyway dj_paige for your reply and for giving me the courage to try it although it worked out so I didn't even get the chance to press the button =)

It would be nice if some Adobe staff would clarify what it actually means to press that button and "combining the folders", especially so since this information seems impossible to find anywhere else on the web...