4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 12:46 AM by Test Screen Name

pixel help

beth02

I scanned my water color pictures in at 331ppi, indesign is set at 300ppi but when I export as a pdf, it ends up at 72ppi

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

• 1. Re: pixel help
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You need to change the export settings. Are you exporting for print or interactive?

• 2. Re: pixel help
            beth02 Level 1

can you tell me which I need? print or interactive? I need a document that I can send to a distributor

• 3. Re: pixel help
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Is the document intended for screen or print? Does it have interactive elements? My guess, and that's all it is, is that you intend this for print, so you should probably be using the PDF/X-4 preset unless you've been instructed otherwise. The resolution settings for Print PDF are in the Compression section of the Export dialog. For interactive 72 PPI is probably acceptable, though 96 might work a little better. Resolution settings for interactive are at the bottom of the export dialog.

• 4. Re: pixel help
                Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

It's possible that the tool you are using which reports 72 dpi is wrong. This is often the case, especially as InDesign files and PDFs can have a mixture of resolutions or none. So please let us know EXACTLY where you see the 72 dpi report.