1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 12:02 PM by IsakTen

I forgot my digital signature password. How do I create a new one with the same email.

LAWNelson

I can not remember my digital signature password. I've attempted to create a new one with the same email address. The message I receive is that i already have a digital signature with that email. I would like to use the same email address.

• 1. Re: I forgot my digital signature password. How do I create a new one with the same email.
          IsakTen Level 4

You probably mean that you forgot your digital certificate password and I presume that this is a self-signed certificate that you yourself created, not a certificate that you received from a Certificate Authority (CA). If this is true then you can create a new self-signed digital certificate (Digital ID in Acrobat-speak) the same way you created the first one: In Acrobat XI it is Edit->Preferences->Signatures->Identities&Trusted Certificates->More. Then click on "Add ID" button and follow the prompts. You can create as many self-signed certificates with the same credentials (name, email, etc.) as you wish. You'd have to figure out how to distinguish them, though.