2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2014 2:40 PM by A.T. Romano

How to transfer PE 12 license from one PC to another

hubbabubbatubba

I just purchased a new Windows 8.1 computer and want to transfer my PE 12 license to it from my Windows 7 Professional computer.  I have the physical PE 12 media on DVD along with the license key.

I recall that when I installed it on the current PC there was some extra online Adobe page from which they made you get some other key to activate the installation.  Seemed onerous at the time since I already had the license key.

Can anyone guide me through the steps?

• 1. Re: How to transfer PE 12 license from one PC to another
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bubba

You are talking about serial number when you say "license key". Right? Assuming that to be the case...

All you should have to do is install Premiere Elements 12 from your installation disc using your purchased serial number on your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer.

How many computers now have Premiere Elements 12 with the same purchased activated serial number? If only the Windows 7 64 bit, then you can leave

it there. When and if you have to get Premiere Elements 12 off Windows 7 64 bit, then remember to deactivate (Help Menu/Sign Out) in an opened project before you uninstall the program in the Control Panel.

But if you already have that purchased activated serial number on two computers, then you will have to deactivate the program from one of those two in order to install on the third computer.

All should go well. Do not forget to update 12 to 12.1 Update once you have installed version 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to transfer PE 12 license from one PC to another
            A.T. Romano Level 7

bubba

I am not sure what you were involved with regarding the Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 install, maybe redemption codes, product codes, maybe even what you need in the final analysis the serial number.

But, if you have been using the program on Windows 7, Adobe should have a record of your serial number listed with at the Adobe web site under "My Products". So even if you started out with the redemption code and product code business, I would like that you would be free of that now?

Anyway...

a. If you need Redemption Code, Product Code, Serial Number re: Student Teacher Edition

Serial number, Redemption, and Product codes | Student & Teacher Editions

or

b. Redemption code in general

Redemption Code Help

or

c. If you want to check out Adobe for your serial number....Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com, sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, type in

My Products in Search field, and then navigate to your products where you click on Adobe Premiere Elements 12 to reveal your serial number.

ATR