5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 9:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements Download Error Message

Doc Freeman-Ward

After downloading an upgrade version of Premier Elements 13 I receive an error message stating the following:- "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one already exists, create an association in the default programs control panel." Can someone tell me what to do please??? Doc FW

• 1. Re: Premier Elements Download Error Message
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Doc FW

From where did you download Premiere Elements 13 and to what computer operating system?

How many files did you download....exe and 7z or other?

At what stage/step of the downloading installing did you get the error message?

Did you purchase the download beforehand or were you going for the tryout first?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements Download Error Message
            Doc Freeman-Ward Level 1

Hi AT Romano!

Thanks for your response to my question, in answer to your points:- The upgrade was purchased directly from Adobe, as was the downloads. The error message is received after the download has completed, at the point of attempting to install. I downloaded both methods of download with the same message at install. I am using Windows 7 64bt system.

Many thanks Doc FW

• 3. Re: Premier Elements Download Error Message
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Doc FW

Although you cannot install your downloaded files from Adobe, do you have the purchased serial number?

Get rid of any trace of prior installs reinstalls of the program. You might do that in conjunction with the free ccleaner

program. CCleaner - Download

Then...

You could try the download and install of your purchased product using a new set of installation files from your order

at "My Orders" at the Adobe web site http://www.adobe.com - make sure 2 files (.exe and .7z) which correspond to your

computer operating system.

Or

Try the download and install of the Premiere Elements 13 Windows tryout (.exe and .7z) from the following web site

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

and then during install insert your purchased serial number.

With this web site route, be sure to read and carry out carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you

do not run into an Access Denied message.

Wherever you do the download and install, please do so with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements Download Error Message
                Doc Freeman-Ward Level 1

ATR

Thanks  very much for your response, the problem has been resolved. It turns out that my copy of RAR & Zip software had been deleted off my computer, which meant that the downloaded software could not be extracted. It’s easy when you have the knowledge of this issue, you tend not to be totally ignorant in the future.

Than you once again for your time

Regards

Doc FW

• 5. Re: Premier Elements Download Error Message
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Doc FW

Interesting solution. I would need to think about your solution some more. I would have thought that the unzipping and extraction would have been done with downloaded files from Adobe.

Be that as it may, very please to learn of your success. Great job. And glad that you are moving forward with your video projects.

Best wishes.

ATR