1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 8:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 Frequent crashes

dirtdadx

I am experiencing frequent crashes of Premiere Elements 13. I was not getting this in Premiere Elements 11 with all the same settings. Crashes occur during editing, I have not had any crashes during rendering. There is no error message, the app simply crashes instantly.

Win 8.1, current patches

Nvidia GT 745M (system also has Intel HD graphics, Premiere Elements is configured to use the Nvida card), current driver

Latest version of Quicktime installed

8GB RAM

Intel I7

All Adobe products current

Is this a known issue, are there any patches planned?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Frequent crashes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dirtdadx

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum. So no insider information on Adobe's plans for a 13.1 Update or other.

Typically what specific type of editing are you doing in the program when the crash happens? What is the duration of the project

when the crash occurs? And, what is the format of the Timeline content?

Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Is Premiere Elements 11 still installed on the same computer?

Premiere Elements does not fare well with more than 1 video card/graphics card. Have you re-examined your video card/graphics card

configuration where you are telling Premiere Elements to use the NVIDIA? What happens if you go with the Intel HD Graphics and disable the NVIDIA?

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR