Exactly which version of CC2014. We have released four of them: 2014.0, 2014.0.1, 2014.1, and 2014.2.
1 person found this helpful
A variety of issues can cause PPRO to crash on launch. Here are some of them:
- a problem with the Preferences, or some other pref-related file in the Profile-<USERNAME> bin.
- the graphics driver
- having an integrated graphics chip as well as a graphics card. Disabling the integrated chip often fixes this.
- having Nvidia CUDA drivers installed on a system with an AMD card
- third-party plug-ins
- a problem with the cache files.
- a problem with the project file (if you're loading a project...)
- folders that Premiere writes to being set to read-only
- the user not having administrator rights
- a conflict/incompatibility with some OS setting
- a problem on the licensing/authentication side.
The fact that you've done a fresh installation of 10.10 eliminates some of those possibilities.
After a crash on launch, does a dialog box eventually come up prompting you to submit a crash report to either Adobe or Apple? If so, please click "information" or the like to access the crash log and copy/paste the report here.