8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 5:50 AM by eossipov

Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions

5280Rob

I have PS CS6 the Adobe Extension Manager CS6.0.8 won't finish loading extensions. I have unstalled and reloaded and it still stops at the same point? Any ideas on how to fix?

• 2. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
          eossipov Level 1

I am also having the same issues as both of you. Could I ask, what you are running, a 32 bit or 64 bit version (if you're on windows) if not, sorry ... I don't have a Mac.

I was having this issue prior to the update on, I believe around Dec. 04th, 2014. My Initial conflict occurred when I found some old plug ins and thought I'll plug them in and see what's working and what's not.

*bad idea* I should have loaded them one at a time so that I could view the results as they were being loaded.

The application would launch, and then the loading indicator would just spin and spin.

I uninstalled my 64bit CS6 Extension Manager.

Before I could reinstall it, I believe there was an update, and it only detecting my 32 bit extension manager, Maybe it only delivered it, there is *not* a 64bit present on my machine at this time.

The bad part is, since it was part of an update, and not through a regular installation process, it does not show up in my control panel as an application I can uninstall. When I open Task Manager, (control-alt-del on windows) then I can see in the Processes the application running, yet when I try to get a screen of it, it is not possible. I've been dinking around with it a few days. For instance:

Tried:

-->1. I went through the Extension Manager CS6 Trouble shooting guide located here.

After assessing the options, and not entirely sure this wasn't a CC error due to the update issue

• I've been a registered Cloud Member for three years
            • I know my ID and PW
            • This IS a desktop application in question, Version CS6
            • I've downloaded many products for installation from adobe both with and without the cloud desktop application and the product installation guide.
            • It's not a software agreement issue.
            • The Application manager won't complete an update - just keeps spinning.. of course that was only viewable at the initial onset. Since I uninstalled it through Program Manager, I do not know why it is running yet not visible. For photoshop I only run the Desktop 64 bit version.
            •   Both my firewalls, router and switch are configured correctly and I am not in a corporate environment.

-->2. I launched Photoshop, went to Preferences ( edit -> Preferences -> extra directory for your plugins and brushes) , and I removed the path, so it would not have this in my application, and would not then start when I opened the application.

FAILED The application failed to perform as I was hoping. It again launched (although remember no interface is visible.)

-->3. I am now attempting to reinstall a 64 bit which I downloaded from Adobe. I did happen to notice two different downloads available, from different pages.

They are

• AdobeExtensionManager 6.8.0.ALL
            • AdobeExtensionmanager 6.8.0.Update

I need to reboot, and will attempt the Update. If that does not work, I will physically delete the 32bit .dll and .exe files and attempt an  "All" install.

I will update this again, at approx. 1:20am, Monday December 29th, PST (UTC-8)

~e.

I am not sure. I have uninstalled each of the extensions, both CS and CC just to ensure things are working the way they should be, and still I cannot get CS6 to load either.  

Additionally, I scanned for virus. (all clear)

Removed my Extension directories to a new location, (which took considerable time as they are large directories) 

At each Stage, I have rebooted my system and also ran a security task manager to ensure the .dlls and .exe files where/won't loading.

Again, I have the issue of No Viewable Interface for the CS6 Extension Manager.

The only other thing I could think of is a helper file not getting started or something being amiss with it. And I was going to check file extensions, due to mxp and .mxi both being Adobe Extension Package File Extensions. both CS6,    yet, I have an association of .mx to Notepad++  (a GNU source code editor) I believe this to be an error, and so I'm double checking here.

AdobeExtHelp  If you could help us out here, or find the correct person to, that would be wonderful.

5280Rob Update on Extension Manager, No Progress to report.

• 3. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
            eossipov Level 1

Well, other than running the 64bit version of Photoshop, and the 32bit manager of CS6 I don't see allot of difference.

However, having said that, I noticed the last time

• npAdobeExManDetectX64.dll
              • VulcanControl.dll
              • VulcanMessage.dll

the above three files were accessed was 12/2/2014.

My guess would be their location, in the Programs File(86) directory relative to their previous placement in Programs Files might have a pathway or two unhappy.

Logs of my installation looked fine, everything exited normal, except the 2008,2010 c++ runtime, could not be updated because a newer version was already on my system.

You know, come to think of it, I believe they had a security update I had to roll back my system for. They updated again in a few days and it was fine then

good luck and uh.. Live long and prosper?

• 4. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
              eossipov Level 1
              Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions

Well, other than running the 64bit version of Photoshop, and the 32bit manager of CS6 I don't see allot of difference.

However, having said that, I noticed the last time

• npAdobeExManDetectX64.dll
              • VulcanControl.dll
              • VulcanMessage.dll

the above three files were accessed was 12/2/2014.

My guess would be their location, in the Programs File(86) directory relative to their previous placement in Programs Files might have a pathway or two unhappy.

Logs of my installation looked fine, everything exited normal, except the 2008,2010 c++ runtime, could not be updated because a newer version was already on my system.

You know, come to think of it, I believe they had a security update I had to roll back my system for. They updated again in a few days and it was fine then

good luck and uh.. Live long and prosper?

• 5. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
                eossipov Level 1

Still No Reply from Adobe? I haven't got one.

• 6. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
                  Kageori

Hi, I had this same problem and whole day I install and uinstall and do other magic trick, but I forgot to use first the simple way "run as administrator". You do not write do You try it, so maybe You too forget about it?

• 7. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
                    eossipov Level 1

Hi Kageori,

Thanks for your response and no, it wasn't a permissions issue.

Although it's been so long ago, that I don't remember what it was that fixed it.

Thanks again.

• 8. Re: Extension Manager CS6 won't finish loading extensions
                      eossipov Level 1

Hi Kageori,

Thanks for your response and no, it wasn't a permissions issue.

Although it's been so long ago, that I don't remember what it was that fixed it.

Thanks again.