2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 8:03 AM by Big Al 3D

After Effects CC 2014 Update Stuck at 50%

Big Al 3D

Anyone else having this issue? At first it failed because it "couldn't open the downloaded file" or something to that effect. I started it again and it just stops at 50%. I hit cancel and it's still "finishing" it's process. I hope this didn't mess up my install. Any advice is appreciated.

• 1. Re: After Effects CC 2014 Update Stuck at 50%
          Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

How long did you wait before trying to cancel the update?

Average time at our office for the After Effects CC 2014.2 is about 12-15 minutes, and it does tend to stall at certain percentages (usually 80% and 99%); this is due to a large number of files that are being copied and then cleaned up.

If the update is taking significantly longer on your computer, it's possible you may have a corrupt download or install. My recommendation would be to uninstall and reinstall After Effects, and then apply the updates again. Failing that, contact technical support.

• 2. Re: After Effects CC 2014 Update Stuck at 50%
            Big Al 3D Level 1

Well, I let it go over the weekend and it was still at 50%. After clicking the cancel button, it's been going on that for an hour-and-a-half. There has to be some pref file that can be trashed before uninstalling the application. That sounds like Dell tech support in 1997. Just sayin'.