1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 12:23 PM by Mark Mapes

How do I find corrupt file that would be disallowing proper exporting of movie?

robertsteigelman

How do I find corrupt file that would be disallowing proper exporting of movie?

• 1. Re: How do I find corrupt file that would be disallowing proper exporting of movie?
          Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

I usually start by exporting to AME (as opposed to encoding "in-process" by clicking Export in the Export Settings dialog). Then watch the preview in AME's Encoding panel to see where it chokes. Adding an adjustment layer over the whole sequence with the Timecode effect applied--and scaled up to full frame width--can really help isolate the location.

That approach can be a pain in cases where it chugs away for a long time before encoding fails. In those cases, I use a divide-and-conquer approach:

• Is it the video or the audio?: Disable all video tracks and encode. Then re-enable the video and mute all audio tracks
          • Where in the timeline is the problem: Export the first half, then the second half (using In/Out Points). Then keep dividing the half that fails until you've narrowed it down to a relative handful of clips.