4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2014 2:51 PM by JayArl

File Converstion

JayArl Level 1

Are .mov files usable in PE 13? If not, can PE 13 convert them to a usable format? Can the results be imported into a slide show created with Photoshop Elements 13?

• 1. Re: File Converstion
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jayarl

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Typically files with the .mov file extension are supported in Premiere Elements Editor as long as you have QuickTime (preferably latest version) installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements. Mov is just the file extension for the file. Of significance is the video compression and audio compression that this container format (.mov) wraps.

As for the Elements Organizer 13 new slideshow feature. It should support the use of photos and videos in this slideshow. Whether your particular file will be supported in questionable. I have not tried to do one of those Elements Organizer 13 slideshows with a .mov file. But typically the party line has been

that you need Windows Media Compatible files. Right now, I am guessing that your .mov files will be accepted into the Elements Organizer 13 (maybe with or without a video image in the thumbnail), but will be rejected/skipped by the Elements Organizer 13 slideshow feature.

You could go for a Windows Media compatible file conversion or build your slideshow in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor instead of the Elements Organizer 13 slideshow feature which does have its limitations.

See Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media and customize the preset under the Advanced Button/VIdeo Tab of the preset selected.

I will have more information on this shortly.

ATR

• 2. Re: File Converstion
            JayArl Level 1

Hi A.T.

First, sorry about the duplicate question - my first time using this site.

Thanks for your answer. I think it will be helpful  I'm running on Windows 7 Home Premium.  I do have updated QuickTime so should have no problem with that.  I'll try creating the slide show in PE 13 Editor, as you suggest, rather than Elements Organizer.

jayarl

• 3. Re: File Converstion
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JayArt

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let us know the outcome when your schedule permits.

I think that you will have more flexibility using Premiere Elements 13 Editor for the creation, editing, and export of your slideshow.

The new Elements Organizer 13 with its 1080p and 720p slideshows (choice of 5 themes) is tempting, but does have its limitations.

http://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/using/create-slide-shows.html

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: File Converstion
                JayArl Level 1

Hi AT,

Thanks again for your help.  I will let you know how I fare.

jayarl

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>