5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 8:58 AM by A.T. Romano

Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets

bakramer1202

I am using PRE13.  I have many clips in my project assets panel.  I also have folders in my project assets panel.  I want to move my used clips to a folder but the clips and folder are not visible on the screen the same time .  If I try and do a cut and paste, elements tell me the clips will be deleted from my timeline. Any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bakramer1202

I am not clear where you are running into problems managing Project Assets with its files and folders. So, let me give you some information

that might help us in the communications.

1. Project Assets offers two views Grid and List. Are you working in the Grid view or have you tried both for what you want to do?

See Project Assets/Panel Options icon/new folder - drag files into folder.

Double click the folder to see the files.

If you want the folder icon to return (files now in the folder no visible), click on the icon which has the name of the project followed by Folder 01 or whatever folder number it is.

2. In the List view, you can open the folder and see its contents without losing sight of the folder.

Are you OK on how to create folders in Project Assets whatever the view?

Please give more details. If necessary, I will post screenshot if you cannot find the details that I mentioned.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

• 2. Re: Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets
            bakramer1202 Level 1

Thanks for the response.  My situation is as follows

1.  I have hundreds of clips in project assets (no folder).

2.  I have a few folders also in project assets.  Let's call them folder1

and folder2.

3.  I want to move clips from project assets (no folder) into folder1.

Here is my problem.

1.  I cannot drag and drop the individual clips into folder1 since I can't

see both on the same screen even when I expand the project assets.

2.  I cannot "cut and paste" since PRE tells me it will delete the items

from the timeline when I go to cut.

3.  I CAN "copy and paste".  That results in the items being in two places;

folder1 and individual clips in project assets (no folder).  Not a good

result.

I hope that clarifies the issue.

Thanks for the help

Bryce Kramer

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:34 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bryce Kramer

From what you wrote this is not a planned ahead maneuver. Rather you are dealing with a project in full progress with lots of individual files and few folders in Project Assets and you want to order up Project Assets thumbnails into Folder 01 and Folder 02 in this example.

I see the points that you bring out in what you have been trying to do.

Let us focus on your selection (all at one time) of multiple files destined for a particular folder in Project Assets

Selecting all wanted files at one time...

a. holding down Ctrl and clicking on each of the files to go into the selection

or

b. Shift click on first file in a series, hold down the Shift and click on the last file in the series.

Then clicking (holding the click) and dragging the selection downward to one of your existing Folder 01 or 02.

Just click anywhere in the selection, holding the click as you drag the selection down to the bottom edge of Project Assets. There you hold the click at the bottom edge of Project Assets as it goes into an automatic scroll down situation.

You release the click only when the mouse cursor on the Folder 01 icon when you arrive there. You continue this routine with other files you want placed in Project Asset folders.

It works.

Please review and consider and then let me know if this works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets
                bakramer1202 Level 1

Works perfectly.  You are the best.

Thanks

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Moving Clips from Project Assets to a Folder within Project Assets
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bakramer1203

Great news.

I was not going to mention that suggestion because I thought that you had tried that already. So, glad that I did.

Thanks for the follow up which is appreciated by all.

Best wishes

ATR