5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 9:56 PM by R Neil Haugen

2014.2 update "dumps" my GTX770/4Gb card ... IRQs problem?

R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So ... none of the Adobe DVA's have ever utilized more than 25% of the GPU nor 1Gb vRAM of my GTX770 card with 4GB vRAM. On the other hand, they've rarely used more than 50% of the CPU, nor 6-8 Gb's of system RAM either ... but I've been able to function. The new update of SpeedGrade, after about 30 seconds of running, gave the "lack of video resources caused Sg to stop" box, and flipped colors as it do ... so I had to change the setting to CPU only. Ridiculous, really. Almost unusable. Especially weird ... after the update, the USE of that card dropped significantly according to GPUZ ... had been using 6-8% of GPU, and 1Gb of vRAM. Newest Adobe apps suddenly only use 2-3% of GPU and 600Mb of vRAM.

System ...

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

4Gb vRAM

Driver Version    344.75 (just updated today after ... didn't help)

Here's my IRQ listing, and also by PCI ...would re-assigning anything help? It does seem that the video card has significant uses by other resources of that IRQ ... but I don't know squat about this stuff.

IRQ assignments.JPG

and by PCI grouping ...

IRQ-PCI assignments.JPG