• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get adobe flash installer to run.

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been all over the internet tearing my hair out trying to figure this out and I finally resorted to making an adobe account. So I'm running Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Mozilla. When I download the flash installer to install the latest version of flash player, it downloads just fine. I then double click it and run it and say yes to allow it to make changes to my computer. Then... nothing. Absolutely nothing happens. If I try to click the installer again it says only one instance of it can run at a time and I have to go into task manager to kill it. But even if I do that an run the installer again still nothing happens. Why won't flash player install? This is driving me crazy. I tried deleting everything for a clean install and now I just don't have flash player and can't get it to work still. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I've shut down the browser and installed from a folder, removed every Adobe, I've done %appdata%Macromedia removals and removed Flash folders and uninstalled and done clean installs and started and restarted and restarted my PC (Windows 7, using Firefox). I've used the 17MB file from adobe and the small application file. It's frustrating because every "help" link circles back to the "did you check to see if Flash is installed on your computer?" baby pages.

In short, I can download and download and Run and Run, and nothing happens. The install window never appears, and although the process can be found in Task Manager, nothing ever happens. If I try to run it again, I get "Only one instance of this application can run," although I can't find it RUNNING anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcm1953 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. I've shut down the browser and installed from a folder, removed every Adobe, I've done %appdata%Macromedia removals and removed Flash folders and uninstalled and done clean installs and started and restarted and restarted my PC (Windows 7, using Firefox). I've used the 17MB file from adobe and the small application file. It's frustrating because every "help" link circles back to the "did you check to see if Flash is installed on your computer?" baby pages.

In short, I can download and download and Run and Run, and nothing happens. The install window never appears, and although the process can be found in Task Manager, nothing ever happens. If I try to run it again, I get "Only one instance of this application can run," although I can't find it RUNNING anywhere.

Yes. You are having the exact problem I'm having. If you're on 7 we know it doesn't have something to do with the specific operating system. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KT1116, last night after removing the folder via %appdata%Macromedia in the Run window, and after rebooting yet again, Flash finally installed itself and is running now. I can't remember where I saw that you can delete appdata folders (both the Flash folder and the Macromedia folder) this way, but it's the One New Thing I did, and now I have Flash. Good luck getting yours going. I'm sorry I don't have more specific information, and I'm not sure if you have to use the string %appdata%Flashplayer with a % at the end or not. Maybe Google "remove Flash folder" and it will come up. I think it's on the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that.

Deleted macromed folder, rebooted and tried to install AGAIN and got to 33% AGAIN before losing connection to server.

I wish there was another option to flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JCM1953 wrote:

KT1116, last night after removing the folder via %appdata%Macromedia in the Run window, and after rebooting yet again, Flash finally installed itself and is running now. I can't remember where I saw that you can delete appdata folders (both the Flash folder and the Macromedia folder) this way, but it's the One New Thing I did, and now I have Flash. Good luck getting yours going. I'm sorry I don't have more specific information, and I'm not sure if you have to use the string %appdata%Flashplayer with a % at the end or not. Maybe Google "remove Flash folder" and it will come up. I think it's on the Adobe site.

I have tried deleting that folder and the Macromedia flash folder. Still the same nothing happens when I try to run the installer. Does anyone have any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed not to work, but after a reboot it did. I didn't have the 33 percent error, although I did get that when Flash tried to update several weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Task Manager to see if an install app is in there. I found not one, but TWO Flash install apps in there, just hanging around doing nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is not the first time this has happened to me, but I too, can't seem to get the actual install to INSTALL!!

I download the installer file and save it.  Double click it to install the update, and POOF, the first screen print below is all I get.  The cursor when placed in the black box, changes as if to copy text, but the lower, 3/4" of an inch in the box [my resolution is 1024x768] changes to a regular arrow as if I was going to click on a box or icon or something.

The 2nd and 3rd screen prints are hopefully just to help you identify more of my system.  ALSO, the 3rd screen print is of the "properties" of the Flash icon in the control panel and the resulting pop up when I do click on "properties".

It's like the installer is hanging up on something and then just stopping.  OH, and I DO NOT get the notice to close the browser which I haven't done yet, so will try this on the next black box to see if this helps.  If it does, I'll return and let you know......

......other than that, I see a lot of "flash won't install" in this topic but NO REPLIES FROM AN ADOBE EMPLOYEE.

WHY NOT??!!??  Aren't you suppose to help us if we're having trouble with YOUR file??  And don't give me, it's the weekend EITHER!!!  With MILLIONS OF PEOPLE USING THE INTERNET AND YOUR FLASH PLAYER ***ON THE DAMN WEEKEND***, YOU NEED TO MAKE IT MANDATORY, THAT SOMEONE WORK THE WEEKEND!!!  IT WON'T HURT THAT PERSON ONE IOTA TO WORK THE WEEKEND. PERIOD!!!!!

delete-black-nothing.jpg

delete-black-nothing-a.jpg

delete-black-nothing-b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's crashed again, for no reason I can discern other than that Firefox was open for a long time.

ADOBE, FIX YOUR DAMN FLASH PLAYER. And while you're at it, fix those USELESS "Help" pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that same problem that install doesn't start and I need Flash like ASAP but nothing helps even that I try and try so sombody should make it easier to download indeed. It's not fun when I cannot play any games etc. 'Cause I don't have Flash since 22.12.2014. I just wanna find an way to install it without calling really expensive computer maintenance where they usually like laugh to my problems..... It's 65€/30mins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christ I have THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. And nothing, NOTHING works.  I am on a sony vaio with windows 8.  Why is there NO possibility of directly speaking to a Adobe employee? At least at Dropbox for example you can mail them and you get an extensive HELPFUL answer. Here you just have to go through the tens of thousands of topics discussing "cant install flash player". Damn I wish I had another option other than Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same exact problem but with Adobe Reader. I would download the file then check yes to allow changes to be made and then nothing happened.

But what worked for me was going to task manager and then clicking on the Services Tab and looking at anything Adobe. In my case only Adobe Flash was listed because I had deleted Adobe Reader earlier. I clicked on Adobe Flash and then clicked on the Services button on bottom of window. When I did this it took me to another screen and there I searched and found Adobe Flash and noticed it was for some reason disabled. I double clicked on it and another window popped up and there I was able to set it to automatic and then clicked the Start button in that window to start the process. I then exited and went back to my download of Adobe Reader and it loaded flawlessly. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe/Flash Player don't show up in my list of services. What then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting my above comment, I wanted to go back and retrace my steps to make sure that it would work again if I did the same exact thing. So this time I deleted Adobe Flash player and tried to install it again from Internet Explorer. However, it did not work as it did in my previous post and I could not get it to download.

After a lot more trial and error It is something with IE that will not allow me to finish the downloading of this file. It gets to the window where it says allow changes to computer and I say yes and then nothing. Then I would try and delete the download and of course it says that is in use and to close program and retry although nothing was running. So I had to restart and then delete the download. Then I tried to used Firefox to do the download and still the download would not install.

But I learned that after deleting the download, I then needed to restart computer and then use Firefox instead of IE to go to Adobe site and download the Flash Player. This proved to work just fine. So now I have deleted it 3 times and downloaded it four times to make sure that I am correct. It has downloaded every time without fail.  I do not have any idea why it is not working with IE. This may or may not work for some of you but it is what worked for me.  So basically,

1. Delete the download

2. Restart computer

3. Use different browser than the one its getting hung up with.

Also, I did nothing at all this time with the processes or services that are running.

Hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, bennstew, for going back and retracing your steps. I really appreciate you taking the time to come back here and report the results!

Unfortunately, my problem is with the installer not running. I've downloaded it several times from 4 different browsers. This has been an ongoing problem over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I removed all versions of Flashplayer a while back in order to do a clean install, which means I have no Flash on my computer and no way to get it.

I love how the only assistance for a technical issue is this forum, which is basically a crowdsourcing helpdesk. Absolutely no response from Adobe whatsoever. If half the internet didn't rely on Adobe, we'd all be using a different product by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem on Windows 7. Installer just hangs without actually doing anything. I've tried running the installer directly, and opening from download location. Same result for both.

The only Adobe product I use is Flashplayer, and I removed all previous versions in an attempt to do a clean install. So I now have absolutely no Adobe products on my laptop, and still can't install Flashplayer.

Like others have said, I wish the internet wasn't entirely dependent on this farkakte product. I can't even imagine how much of my life has been wasted trying to find fixes and workarounds for Adobe!! And absolutely no assistance from the makers of a product that we're all forced to use. Just post a problem on a forum and cross your fingers.

What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!

Went to Archived Flash Player versions

Randomly chose an older version to download (I chose 14.0.0.179 since I run Firefox)

Saved zip file

Extracted zip file to my desktop

Double-clicked the .exe file and guess what - it INSTALLED

Now running video with no problem.

*Make sure not to allow Adobe to check for updates, or I suspect you'll be right back here with the same problem*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me until a certain extend. It installed (finally!), but now Firefox doesn't let me view flash based videos because "flashplayer is outdated". Sigh!!! I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

057M - I get the same message, but just click "Allow" at the top right of the browser window. Then I have to click "Allow and Remember" at the top left. I can play video with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you! It works, even web pages take so much time in loading up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!

Went to Archived Flash Player versions

Randomly chose an older version to download (I chose 14.0.0.179 since I run Firefox)

Saved zip file

Extracted zip file to my desktop

Double-clicked the .exe file and guess what - it INSTALLED

Now running video with no problem.

*Make sure not to allow Adobe to check for updates, or I suspect you'll be right back here with the same problem*

Does having an old version work? it seems like it'll cause problems. All i wanna do is go on youtube, listen to pandora & occasionally watch some episodes. None of which i can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines