2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 9:46 PM by WShawn

No video visible in either source or program windows - Premiere Pro CC 2014 8.2.0

WShawn Level 1

I just updated to Premiere Pro CC 2014 version 8.2.0, and now, no matter what I try, no video is visible in the source or program windows.  I had been using 8.0.0 with no problems (at least not this one) but was forced to update to open a client's timeline.  I was having the exact same problem with the 8.1 update a few months ago and was forced to downgrade back to 8.0.0 to see my video.

It doesn't matter what the codec is, or whether it's an image file, or bars and tone or a title generated in Premiere.  Nothing.  If I play or scrub I hear audio, no video at all. 

It really blows that a project saved in 8.2 won't open in 8.0.  They're both Premiere Pro CC 2014.

It looks like it has something to do with my video card, because when I resize the windows I'm presented with a bunch of trailing vertical blue lines.

I'm on a 2012 dual-core Mac Pro with the stock ATI Radeon HD 5870 video card, OS 10.9.5.

I've looked at the Premiere preferences to see if there's some kind of GPU accelerator activated or something, but I'm not seeing anything like that.  Anyplace else I can look?

This is a big problem.  I'm paying $50/month for this?

Shawn Marshall

Marshall Arts Motion Graphics