5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 1:06 PM by Benjamin Root

irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice

Tentop

I am having this really irritating problem with my brush tool.  When I hold my mouse and click, I used to be able to use the brush tool until i unclicked. But now the brush stays active for only a few seconds. So i end up having to keep clicking the mouse to use the brush tool. I looked into brush presets and general preferences, but can't pin point the cause of this. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice
          Level 5

Tentop wrote:

…Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Suggestion:  provide sensible details. 

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

a screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice
            Tentop Level 1

Sorry about that. I am using creative cloud Photoshop program on a PC, fully updated. I am not editing any photos. My problem is just related to how the brush tool is interacting with my mouse. I used to be able to click & hold the mouse and brush for as long as i want. But now the brush tool stays active for only a few seconds. So I end up re clicking mouse again and again to keep the brush tool active. So like if i am drawing a long line, i have to reclick my mouse a few times. Used to be that I could just click and hold, and just drag.

• 3. Re: irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice
              Level 5

Tentop wrote:

…I am using creative cloud Photoshop program on a PC, fully updated…

Photoshop CC or Photoshop  CC2014. Which exact version of either or both of of those? Photoshop CC 14.what and/or Photoshop CC2014 15.what?  What version of your OS?

Obviously, details about your hardware are highly relevant here.  Please re-read my previous post and elaborate.

• 4. Re: irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice
                Tentop Level 1

No not really. All this commenting and not even a single suggestion. Reallyy??? Anyways,  i got my question answered. It was a simple fix. Right click on brush icon on top left and reset.

• 5. Re: irritating problem with my brush tool. Need advice
                  Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I was just going to ask if you had tried resetting the tool. Not always are the solutions that simple, so it is best to provide as much information as you can to get your questions answered in a timely manner.

Benjamin