1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 5:53 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom_directly copy .NEF from Lightroom library folders, any alteration within those files?

tsang2320 Level 1

If I import a .NEF file into the Lightroom catalog and make a lot of adjustments, are those adjustments stored in the .NEF files themselves?

Situation: I need to export the original version of some images that I have already edited in Lightroom out to share with others, and they are going to view+edit them using other raw engines, like Capture one pro and Dxo Optics Pro. Can I directly copy and paste those .NEF files from the Lightroom library folders. Will those files themselves contain the adjustments I made in Lightroom (even though they won't affect other editors), or are those source files 100% intact, same as the moment the dslr wrote the data that everything is incorporated in the .Ircat?

I know I can export the images within Lightroom. Just curious.

• 1. Re: Lightroom_directly copy .NEF from Lightroom library folders, any alteration within those files?
          dj_paige Level 9
          If I import a .NEF file into the Lightroom catalog and make a lot of adjustments, are those adjustments stored in the .NEF files themselves?

No.

Can I directly copy and paste those .NEF files from the Lightroom library folders.

Yes.

Will those files themselves contain the adjustments I made in Lightroom (even though they won't affect other editors), or are those source files 100% intact, same as the moment the dslr wrote the data

Compound question ... inadmissible ... NEF files never contain adjustments, the NEF files are 100% unchanged from when the camera created it.