3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 10:49 AM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: Error 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' ?
        A.T. Romano Level 7

rappet09

You appear to be working with Premiere Elements 11 on some version of Windows. Is that correct? What computer operating system?

I found it curious that your version appears to be non English, but the error message is in English. Be that as it may....

If you open a new project with the same file and click on the fx Effect Tab, do you get the same error message when just clicking on fx Effects?

Do you get the message under any other circumstances?

For initial troubleshooting, please delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in

which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Assuming Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Error 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rappet09

Just a reminder that what I have described in detail in my posted troubleshooting is customized to your Premiere Elements with the assumption

that you are using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer. The generalized Adobe document on RunTime error goes to the same preference and preference folder deletions that I have channeled to what I believe is your computer environment. Using Premiere Pro models for Premiere Elements situations should be done with caution since what applies to one does not always apply to the other..

Pending further information, I have not introduced yet creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and installing and running Premiere Elements on it. The latter has been known to be a remedy for some situations - but I usually leave that as a last resort.

More later pending further information.

ATR