I have found the right file now and added the PlayerDebugMode 1 line to it. The panel still does not open when the extension is clicked from the menu.
Couple of question before any conclusion.
- Did you create this extension using any CC Extension Builder. For example Extension Builder 3 or Brackets ?
- Is this a boiler plate code for extension Test? I have doubt because your manifest.xml does not have .jsx path included.
- Can you please post snap shot or your extension directory structure ?
I used a text editor, no special tools.
Code was copied and pasted from the docs. There were several errors with quotation marks and such not copying over correctly. There may be others I did not find. Do you see anything else? Or know where I can find code that is guaranteed error-free to test with?
Directory structure is:
I could observe few discrepancies in your directory structure snap shot and manifest.xml file.
Your directory structure should look like:
Here is the manifext.xml file, replace this with your manifest.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ExtensionManifest Version="5.0" ExtensionBundleId="com.test.test" ExtensionBundleVersion="1.0.0" ExtensionBundleName="Test" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ExtensionList> <Extension Id="com.test.test" Version="1.0" /> </ExtensionList> <ExecutionEnvironment> <HostList> <!-- Illustrator --> <Host Name="ILST" Version="[18.0,18.9]" /> </HostList> <LocaleList> <Locale Code="All" /> </LocaleList> <RequiredRuntimeList> <RequiredRuntime Name="CSXS" Version="5.0" /> </RequiredRuntimeList> </ExecutionEnvironment> <DispatchInfoList> <Extension Id="com.test.test"> <DispatchInfo > <Resources> <MainPath>./index.html</MainPath> </Resources> <Lifecycle> <AutoVisible>true</AutoVisible> </Lifecycle> <UI> <Type>Panel</Type> <Menu>Test</Menu> <Geometry> <Size> <Height>400</Height> <Width>400</Width> </Size> <MinSize> <Height>400</Height> <Width>400</Width> </MinSize> <MaxSize> <Height>400</Height> <Width>400</Width> </MaxSize> </Geometry> </UI> </DispatchInfo> </Extension> </DispatchInfoList> </ExtensionManifest>
Here is the HTML file I used:
<button id="btn">Click me</button>
Also please make sure your are opening this extension in Illustrator 18.0 or later.
Its working for me as above!
You got it! I changed the name of the extension folder and now it works great. Thank you very much!