9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 2:38 AM by Flashy_1995

Can`t see simbol on the stage.

dmquest

Hello!

Several months ago I installed Flash CS6 and worked without any problems.

But now the problem is - simbol(movie clip) became invisible when I go to Motion tween or Classic tween.

Can`t see simbol on the stage. In library simbol is normal. I try button - "Show all layers as outlines"- "on" or "off" - without result.

I try "View Keyframes" - without result. I can see only bounding box of simbol.

When I test the movie(Ctrl+Enter) simbol is visible.

Reinstalling Flash CS6 doesn`t help.

Thanks for advance!

• 1. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You do not want the outline mode on.  Make sure that is turned off.  Another place where you can make the outline mode work is thru the View menu.  Under that menu option choose the Preview Mode option and make sure Outlines is not selected.

• 2. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
            dmquest Level 1

Thanks a lot.But,unfortunately,this also doesn`t work.In Preview Mode I choose - Full.And nothing changes - simbol became invisible when I go to Motion tween or Classic tween.

• 3. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
              Flashy_1995 Level 1

Are the layer;s invisibility option checked on.

• 4. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                dmquest Level 1

No.In my case layers are visible(the eye is open).Simbol became invisible in that very moment when I go to Motion tween or Classic tween.

• 5. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                  Flashy_1995 Level 1

Is the alpha setting 0.

When you go to movie clip property bar section and hit blending mode to alpha the setting might be directly set to 0.

See if it is in 0.

If yes change it to 100

• 6. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                    dmquest Level 1

And again - no. Therefore I went to this forum. Many times I checked alpha settings before! When I go to movie clip property bar section and see alpha directly 100!!! When I go to alpha settings in Motion editor I see alpha settings 100!!!! Good God!!!! I reinstalled Flash,because such things started  to irritate me. And again - what a surprise! - I can`t see simbol!!!!!! If you don`t mind, I can to explain this unbelievable event step by step. 1 - import to stage or library. 2 - convert to simbol (movie сlip). 3 - create several frames.(visible / unlocked / full view(no outlines).  4 - first frame is keyframe. 5 - place simbol on stage from library. 6 - go to frames and hit "Create Motion Tween" or "Create Classic Tween".And in this very moment simbol suddenly became invisible !!!!!! I don`t know what to do.Books,tutorials on YouTube, I`m keeping to explore everywhere, but without results.Anyway,lot of my thanks to you.

• 7. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                      Flashy_1995 Level 1

Ok this sounds really crazy.

All basic options show that you have to be able to see the symbol on stage.

Fine; this requires more deeper exploration.

I will tell some steps, do those while recording it and post it on the forum and I will check it out.

1. Open a clean AS3 document with debug targeting set in Flash Player.
                      2. Draw a star or something using the polystar shape tool.
                      3. Press Ctrl + A (Windows) or Command + A (Mac) or just select the whole thing.
                      4. Press F8 on your keyboard.
                      5. In the convert to symbol box keep the options exactly as shown in the the picture (Fig. A).

Fig A.png

(Fig. A)

6.  Give it a instance name of 'Star'

Fig B.png

7.  Then go to the Motion Presets panel and choose some simple animation like 'Pulse' as shown in the picture (Fig. B)

8.  If the problem still persists in the video itself show me all the options in your preferences menu.

You can use some online recorder like Screen-O-Matic if you dont have any screen recording software. But as far as I know online screen recording is not possible without java plugin installed.

Do reply with the video soon,

Flashy_1995,

Thanks.

• 8. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                        dmquest Level 1

Good day! You can congratulate me!!! Yesterday I found myself on the edge my tether,in short - I lost my temper!  I deleted my Flash CS6 and installed Flash CC (trial version)! And finally - behold and lo !!!! - I can work as before. Now I repeat these steps which you send to me - all things are normal, as usual !!! I draw star,go to Motion presets, choose `Pulse` - go to `Test movie`(Ctrl+Enter) - fine! I can see simbol on stage, I can see testing movie.  Motion tween and Classic tween absolutely fine! Just fine! I suspect it was a programm mistake, perhaps.Unfortunately, I`m not so good in programm things.

I want to thanks you, I`m very grateful  for yours help and quick answers! My best regards!!! Thousands thanks once more!!!

Sorry for my bad English. 

• 9. Re: Can`t see simbol on the stage.
                          Flashy_1995 Level 1

No Problem, Glad it worked out!!!!!

Mark this question as assumed answer or correct answer because other people searching for questions to answer will know this question is answered and will not need to look into this one.