• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is FM12.0.3.424 + AcrobatXPro = Disaster

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After that several customers have complained that the figure-captions in the pdf-files have dissappeared I had to look into it. Earlier pdf:s were made from FM10. I have upgraded to FM12 after a hard-disk crash. After correcting the proofs in FM12 and sending them to the customers they have lost the figure-captions, but not in the FM-file only in the pdf. Looking  at one rather big file I noticed that the caption disappeared on pages where the fig was a .TIF but not if it was a .JPEG. Changing all the .TIF-figures to .JPEG solved the problem. This is a very serious bug for us that have repeated updates on manuals etc. Please look into it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know that this is a user-to-user forum, right? If you need to talk to somebody at Adobe, use the bugbase with a sample file for them to chew through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response above is empty, and that probably wasn't deliberate. Something you've written has been lost. This is the 4th instance of this for your user ID, on 3 different threads. Arnis has speculated that perhaps you're using email to post questions and replies. You need to consider logging into the forum directly.

Also, you've started two separate threads on the same present issue. Log in on the forum and delete the duplicate (which has no responses).

And on the current topic, how are you doing captions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean importing the graphics I import by reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which joboption was specified for the PDF creation and was the PDF created using the RGB or CMYK mode? If it was created using the CMYK mode, then try using the RGB mode (there are still a few issues with CMYK and some fonts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Created by using CMYK. I have just tried the RGB-option and that seems to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the other answer. I make a new textframe with the textframe palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines