Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server 4.5 on windows 2008 32bit

Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help installing cf server 4.5 on windows 2008.  The client needs acces to an old app.  They have a license for 4.5 and they don't want to up grade.  I told them I would try but in the end may need to upgrade.  I've tried to register the iscf.dll however iis 7 says its not a dll

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since CF 9.0.1 IIS7/7.5 is supported, so you will face compatibility issues

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, can you really expect a program designed to run on Windows NT 4.0/IIS 2/3/4 to run on an operating system released more than 8 years later?  IIS 7 (the version in Windows 2008) was completely rewritten, so it will not support older web application servers.

If they can't afford to upgrade to CF10/11 (and I suspect it would not be an "upgrade" license, it would be a full purchase as CF4.5 is not in the supported license upgrade path), have you considered Railo as an alternative?  I wouldn't expect it to have any more problems than CF10/11 running "legacy" code from CF4.5.

Sorry,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to set CF 4.5 on Win2008 a while ago. It worked. But I didn't test it deeply. But cfm pages were being processed. Installation of 4.5. setup will fail with the handler installation. You'll have to enter the handlers manually in the handler-module and assing the dll to the cfm pages there. I think isapi-extension have to be added in the IIS-Feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation