20 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 4:22 PM by tomerhs

Missing transitions

tomerhs

Hi there,

I just upgraded from Premiere elements 7.

I have an existing project, which now, after opened with v13 cannot be opened with v7 again - why does the software not warn you that this is not backwards compatible??

My bigger problem is missing transitions - some transitions were available on v7 are not included in v13 - such as funnel.

The other problem is that once again the software does not warn you and now I need to go through the whole project again, which is hours of work!

Is there any way to bring back those missing transitions to v13?

Thanks in advance...

T.

• 1. Re: Missing transitions
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

I have good to great news for you. Let us see.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on? Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or Windows......?

I am almost sure that you are in the Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 13. Go to the Expert workspace, Transitions Tab

at the bottom of the workspace, Stretch category. There should be a Funnel Transition there. Yes or No?

The Quick workspace does not come with all the choices that are found in the Expert workspace.

There are no guarantees that a project created in 7 will open in 13. But, it might. But, in cases like that, you finish the 7 project in 7 or make a

copy of the 7 project to work with that in 13. If it does not work, then you will not be left with a 7 project that can no longer be opened in 7.

Looking forward to you finding the Funnel transition in 13.

ATR

• 2. Re: Missing transitions
            tomerhs Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thanks for your reply - I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

I am indeed in expert mode, but the 'stretch' category does not list Funnel transition.

Anything else comes to mind?

T.

• 3. Re: Missing transitions
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

If you have Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 64 bit....Funnel Transition should be there under the Stretch category.

Funnel.JPG

The above is a screenshot of the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Transitions Tab/Stretch category with the Funnel Transition.  There are 5 video transitions in that Stretch category in 12.

I do not have Premiere Elements 13 installed at the present time. But, I did an intensive First Look at 13 and did a comparison 12 and 13 as I detailed 13.

There were five video transitions under Stretch for both 12 and 13.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 First Look Details

If you do not see Funnel under Stretch in the Expert workspace of 13, do your find the Stretch category and what is in it?

Looking forward to your second look at this.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 4. Re: Missing transitions
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

I was hoping for a reply before I called it a day, but it is after 1 am where I am so I will watch for your reply later in the morning.

I should have Premiere Elements 13 re-installed next week. So, I will double triple check the video transition Funnel in version 13

unless you find it before that.

More later.

ATR

• 5. Re: Missing transitions
                  tomerhs Level 1

Hi ATR,

The version I have installed is indeed Premiere Elements 13 - all downloaded straight from Adobe website - and Funnel does not show in the Stretch category:

Premiere13.PNG

Is this normal? What am I suppose to do now?

Thanks heaps!

T.

• 6. Re: Missing transitions
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

Thanks for the follow up.

When I looked at Premiere Elements 13 in September - October 2014, I evaluated the tryout downloaded from the Adobe web site. That tryout has long

since expired. During the evaluation, I checked each and every choice within a category for everything but just reported on the count in this instance. I no longer have the tryout installed nor my notes on the names that went into the count under the category. Version 12 had 5 and version 13 had 5, and they were the same 5. In the next few days I will get Premiere Elements 13 installed again and report back on the Stretch video transitions situation that I find. If I can get this done sooner, I will let you know.

Are you working with the tryout or the purchased product? And, are you within 30 days of purchase, if purchased product?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Please verify/confirm under Device Manager/Display Adapters for the name of the card. If more than 1 card, please let us know. I have been working with Intel HD Graphics on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. Not sure if that is going to make a difference here, but

good information to have if I again find 5 Stretch video transitions for 13 and not 4 and cannot confirm your missing Funnel video transition.

Please update us on any further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Missing transitions
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

Just a quick just in case mention...

At one web site, video transitions not present in Premiere Elements 13 Mac are cited. In such a listing, the implication is that what is reported as missing in Premiere Elements 13 Mac = Windows Only transitions.

In that list at another web site, for video transition category Stretch, the Mac version missing (presumed Windows Only) are the individual video transitions -

Cross Stretch, Funnel Stretch, Stretch In, Stretch Out.

giving the impression that these are 4 offerings under Premiere Elements 13 Windows Stretch category.

But there are indeed 5. Cross Stretch, Funnel, Stretch, Stretch In, and Stretch Out. The absence of a comma between Funnel and Stretch at that other web site  gives the wrong impression.

The Cross Stretch and Stretch video transitions produce a very similar effect, but there is a subtle difference between the two which are

shown as separate thumbnails (as shown and explained in post 3).

More later.

ATR

• 8. Re: Missing transitions
                        whsprague Level 4

It is missing on my my copy of 13 installed from a disk.

Capture.JPG

• 9. Re: Missing transitions
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

whsprague

Thanks for posting that information. Very much appreciated.

So, for you we have purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows ? - installation by disc - no Funnel video transition - what video card/graphics card?

For tomerhs we have purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7 64 bit - installation by ? - no Funnel video transition - what video card/graphics card?

For me, we have tryout (Sept/Oct 2014) Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7 64 bit - installation by downloaded/installation files from Adobe - Funnel video transition - Intel HD Graphics.

I cannot get the tryout again, but I will be looking at this in purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows (installation disc)  hopefully in the next few days...waiting for delivery of product. I will report my findings at that time.

ATR

• 10. Re: Missing transitions
                            whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

whsprague

Thanks for posting that information. Very much appreciated.

So, for you we have purchased Premiere Elements 13 Windows ? - installation by disc - no Funnel video transition - what video card/graphics card?

ATR

I bought it by internet order from B&H Photo in New York in the combo pack with Photoshop Elements. I paid $80 in mid November.    It's been ranging from as low as $70 to as high as $135.  Today it is $108.

I'm on my fourth version starting with 9 and skipping 12.

I run it on a laptop with a SSD, i7, 16GB RAM and nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M Graphics.

What do you do most of your testing on?

Bill

• 11. Re: Missing transitions
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

whsprague

Thank you for the information on your video card/graphics card, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M Graphics.

But, what is the 64 bit computer operating system on which you based -

It is missing on my my copy of 13 installed from a disk.

in your post numbered 8 - Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?

I have already posted the operating system that I used for the Sept.Oct 2014 evaluation of Premiere Elements 13 tryout. (Please see post 9.)

As an aside, the results were cross checked with a Premiere Elements 13 tryout on Windows 8.1 64 bit. Both computers use Intel HD Graphics video card/graphics card.

ATR

• 12. Re: Missing transitions
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

Referring back to our discussions post 5....

By Tuesday night I should have the opportunity to evaluate the purchased Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit to determine

if the Funnel video transition exists under the Expert workspace Transitions Tab/Stretch transitions.

So, please be watching then for my findings with full details Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

I have another idea on troubleshooting the yes vs no for Funnel video transition in version 13 Windows. I will post details of that tonight or tomorrow to let you

know if it was an unrealistic dream or a realistic idea.

ATR

• 13. Re: Missing transitions
                                  tomerhs Level 1

Thanks guys for the help on this, I'll be able to advise on the exact video graphics card once I get home tonight, the computer is Lenovo T500.

I am not using evaluation trail, rather this was purchased over Adobe website as a pack - Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere elements 13 together about 1 week ago downloaded off Adobe website the packages which are specific for 64 bit windows os.

I will be on a long flight on xmas eve (Australia EST) - should be able to catch up a few days after.

Thanks again, your help on this is much appreciated.

• 14. Re: Missing transitions
                                    whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

in your post numbered 8 - Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?

• 15. Re: Missing transitions
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

Today I got Premiere Elements 13 (purchased not tryout) installed (via installation disc) on a Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit computer.

There was no Funnel video transition anywhere to be found in either NTSC setup for Premiere Elements 13.

In doing some Google searching I saw mention of this Funnel video transitions being removed from other Adobe programs.

I am not sure what happened with my Sept.Oct. tryout evaluation and finding Funnel then but not now in the purchased Premiere Elements 13.

If I locate a comparable replacement for Funnel, I will post that information in your thread.

ATR

• 16. Re: Missing transitions
                                        tomerhs Level 1

Is there any chance to get a reply from Adobe support on this?

Its causing me a huge headache to go through all transitions.

This release includes the transitions on 32 bit machine - why are those missing in 64bit?

T.

• 17. Re: Missing transitions
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

I would like more information from you on your report

This release includes the transitions on 32 bit machine - why are those missing in 64bit?

Are you saying that the Funnel video transition is available in Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 32 bit but not the counterpart 64 bit?

And please remind me, at this time, are you seeking to match transition to transition in version 7 with 13? Or, are you just after the Funnel video transition

in Premiere Elements 13?

Since this is not Adobe, rather user to user with no insider information on Adobe activities, I can only repeat what I have already written in

this thread and also include that the frequency of the Adobe presence within this forum is undefined.

However, since you posted last, I had a bright idea on how to transfer the Funnel video transition from 7 to 13. But to date it has not worked.

Theoretically it should, so still working on that.

ATR

• 18. Re: Missing transitions
                                            tomerhs Level 1

Hi A.T - I was hoping for a reply from Adobe because this is a fault in the shipment of their product.

I am seeking for 1-to-1 match of transitions from version 7 to 13 as it is in the trail.

It looks like the problem is only the package that is delivered for the fully paid product - because as you reported for the 32bit trial you get the funnel transition.

However, I have paid full price for my 64bit version, and I now need to go through all my videos and on each transition, and check if version 13 has this transition or not - it takes hours and hours - and certainly is not reasonable for a paid version; which is why I think its appropriate that ADOBE rep will reply to this.

I have been on the chant with them for hours, they admit these transitions are missing - but I still have the problem - and quite honestly - I do not have hours required to go through all those videos... part of buying the new version was to help me with the videos - but its doing the opposite.

T.

• 19. Re: Missing transitions
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

tomerhs

Thanks for the reply.

Just to mention...it was the Premiere Elements 13 (64 bit version tryout) where I could have sworn had the Funnel video transition, not any 32 bit one. It makes me wonder about those early tryouts, since my December 2014 purchase had other things missing or rearranged in the disc menu kids themes as compared to that September 2014 tryout.

Over the versions I have observed that Adobe has made deletions from Content and has never adjusted for that....the later versions are what they are. I so am not seeing any Adobe guaranteed content from version to version.

Certain types of content (like disc menus) lend themselves to being transferred from one of your purchased versions to another purchased version. Transitions do not fall into the class.

Content transfers just may not be possible for format reasons. Premiere Elements 8 titles included files with the .tga file extension. The .tga file extension is not longer supported in more recent versions.

In your more recent posts, I was not sure of one point that you made and I asked.

Are you saying that the Funnel video transition is available in Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 32 bit but not the counterpart 64 bit?

ATR

• 20. Re: Missing transitions
                                                tomerhs Level 1

Thanks for the reply - to your question, I was under the impression you saw it in 32bit version, but now that you mention it was 64bit tryout (trial) - thats even more ridiculous.

I still prefer to hear what Adobe has to say about this - it is not a minor part, and surely looks like a packaging issue and nothing but.

T.