5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 10:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk

vah0thu

I've installed the box set of Premier Elements 13 and Photoshop Elements 13 on a brand new Dell computer with Windows 7.  All went well except for a pop up message in Premier Elements, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk ...". I've read several posts of people experiencing the same problem and I've tried all of the suggestions that were provided:  restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling.  I turned off the Firewall and Virus protection when I did the reinstall by copying the disk file to my desktop and executing from there.  I can't believe that there is no support for this problem.  If anyone has a real fix, please let me know.  The Photoshop works fine so the problem is isolated to Elements only.  I’m ready to throw in the towel and just get my money back.

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vh0thu

In light of no one size fits all for the no disc problem, we need to try to find what is going to work for you.

I have a bunch of miscellaneous for you to explore, but the most promising lead so far is that from PRE_help implicating the OldFilm.AEX in this no disc matter.

Did you read Newly installed Premiere Element 13 won't run.

PRE_help wrote in that thread

Could you try removing the Old Film effect from the installed location of Premiere Elements 13 and then try to launch the app? The exact file to be removed is (assuming you have installed it in the default location)

Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX

While we are not 100% certain this is to blame, we have seen internally that this has fixed the problem in some cases. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Premiere Elements Team

1. Do you have a SD card slot built into your computer? If so, do you have anything in that slot at the present time? If no, put the blank that came with the computer into the SD card slot and observe the results on no disc.

2. Are you getting any messages about no disc in a specifically named drive which you feel that you never had? If so, look anyway into Computer/Manage/Disc Management to verify that there is not that named driver lurking there. If found, we might consider giving the drive another drive letter.

3. Did you do the scenario - uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

4. Have you deleted the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that did not work, then have you deleted the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists?

5. With this particular problem and you Cancel your way out of it?

How far are you into 30 days from purchase?

Please review and consider. Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
            vah0thu Level 1

A.T. Romano -

Thank you so much!!  I removed the Old Film effect as per your instructions and it was like a miracle cure.  I'm still in shock that I'm not getting the annoying error message any longer. 

You've made my entire weekend.

Thank you and best wishes for the holidays!

vah0thu

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vah0thu

Great news of your success with getting rid of the no disc error of Premiere Elements 13 when you carried out the OldFilm.AEX fix shared with us by PRE_help.

If you get a chance, please include that report in the thread where PRE_help posted that suggestion.

Thanks for checking out the suggestion and letting us know the outcome. Very much appreciated by all.

Best wishes for the holidays and always

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
                rptrevor

Another data point: I had the same problem on a download install (over a previous Premier Elements 7 installation) on Windows 7.

The first suggestion worked for me: removing Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Plug-Ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 13 There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rptrevor

Thanks. Great contribution of an additional data point for Premiere Elements 13 No Disk error.

If the user had Premiere Elements 11 and got hit with the No Disk issue, the fix went to SmartSound feature.

With SmartSound gone after version 11, explaining the No Disk error in versions 12 and 13 no longer had that target.

The OldFilm.AEX fix first reported by PRE_help for the Premiere Elements 13 No Disk error has been a major advance.

It will be interesting to learn if there are more possible triggers for this No Disk error. Reports such as yours will help

define the answer on that.

Best wishes

ATR