1. Apparently . onRelease doesnt work with keys, what kan i
2.How can I check if a textfield is empty?
i tried both
if (text_txt.length ==0)
3. How can i control so that an input field later comes out
in a dynamic textfiel with all BIG LETTERS?
Now the more helpful bits, that explain how to do the above.
In general don't use search in the help files because it will only
confuse you. Go to the ActionScript dictionary where everything is
organized by class.
1. MovieClip.onRelease is part of the MovieClip class. When
you read about it, it is for when the Mouse button is released and
the pointer is over/on a given movie clip. Has nothing to do with
keys, only the mouse and movieclips. If you want to do things with
keys, I would suggest starting with the Key class and all the
events and methods there.
2. Check the information in the TextField class. You will
notice that there is a TextField.text property. That is what you
should use when comparing to the empty "" string. I don't know why
the length property isn't working. Put the following right before
your if statement.
trace("The length is "+text_txt.length);
3. To manipulate strings of letters you need the String
class. Check that in the help files and I think you will need the