9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 8:28 AM by Benjamin Root

puppet wrap crash

pause_cbs

upon placement of second on the puppet wrap function it crashes and shuts down with no resolve. The pinning of anchor points forces the software to close and crash does anyone have a clue to why this happening. Thank you as always and have a blessed one.

• 1. Re: puppet wrap crash
          Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Any system information to provide? Any error reports? You might try a reset: Press Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Win) immediately after initiating Photoshop startup. Select "yes" when prompted. Note: you must press the keys before Photoshop actually starts.

Benjamin

• 2. Re: puppet wrap crash
            pause_cbs Level 1

I tried the suggestion I followed it down to the T got the pop up window of yes or no ? before photo shop I selected yes and the start up process continued I loaded a file to continue my process for assignment and reached the puppet wrap after the second pin the system crashed again thank you for your time and consideration. This has really become a major problem because it can handle any other function with out crashing except the puppet wrap function. As always have a blessed one. If you have any other suggestions they would highly appreciated.

• 3. Re: puppet wrap crash

What are your system specs? What version of Photoshop? Have you checked for updates?

Blessings

Benjamin

• 4. Re: puppet wrap crash
                pause_cbs Level 1

I have adobe cloud it checks for auto updates on it's own also it shows on my task bar when an update is available. It is the latest version I run it on 4 GB of ram and 500 GB hard drive slime line 400 pc series I had the system since august of this year.

• 5. Re: puppet wrap crash

Could you open the task manager and see if Photoshop takes up all of your memory? The 4GB of RAM may not be enough if you are working on the fairly large files that cameras are producing these days. Also, does that computer have a graphics card? Are the drivers up to date? Did this start happening after an update?

Benjamin

• 6. Re: puppet wrap crash
                    pause_cbs Level 1

It just started trying the puppet wrap function it has happened with other functions once or twice but went back to normal. although they are trusted updates but they can be faulty the process I will need to take a look I think it jumps from very low to about 50 to 60 percent on processing. At this point and time my files are very small they are school assignments not a job or personal file that is being worked on. I appreciate all the help I still searching on line for a resolution and trying any of your suggestions which I have tried quite a few so far. Thank you as always have a blessed one.

• 7. Re: puppet wrap crash

Are you running Photoshop CC 2014?

Benjamin

• 8. Re: puppet wrap crash
                        pause_cbs Level 1

Yes  I am I actually have the cloud with all of adobe products ready for download whenever I need them. I only have the basic's installed photo shop illustrator in design acrobat and  bridge. I am really lost I usually repair all program issues but this one is tough.

• 9. Re: puppet wrap crash

Try rolling back to Photoshop CC (instead of CC 2014). Do this by going to the creative cloud desktop app and installing Ps CC. You can have them both installed.

Benjamin