15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2014 3:40 PM by station_two

Photoshop monthly fee

lariviec

Hi,

Who can explain to me what is the diff between the $9,99 bundle and the $19,99 single app plan? (please don't tell me: the diff is $10).

• 1. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
          Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Photography bundle = Photoshop + Lightroom.  It is deep discounted and obviously a better deal for most people.  The single app price of $19.99 applies to any app in the Creative Cloud Plan.

Nancy O.

• 2. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
            Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I should have added that the $19.99/mo includes other Cloud features which the Photography bundle lacks.

• plus cloud features
            • ProSite portfolio website
            • Typekit desktop and web fonts
            • 20 GB of cloud storage

Nancy O.

• 3. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I think only the  Photography Creative Cloud package subscription which includes Photoshop and Lightghtroom is $9.99 per month. Adobe Creative Cloud normal sing application subscription is $19.99 a month.  At one time the Photography Creative Cloud package subscription are other requirements then the $9.99 per month cost.  If you did not meat these you choice other option was Photoshop for $19.99 per month.   Many remained with their old Photoshop versions.  When Adobe opened the package to all many opted for it. For is actually as cheaper the the old days when you paid $200 or $400 every two year to upgrade.   If you have the real need for Photoshop $10 a month is a bargain IMO. At $20 its not IMO.   I can justify $10 for my hobby I don't use Photoshop to make money.  If a create what I feel are good Scripts and Actions I make the freely available. I'm retired and I'm a rich man for I have five grand children with loving parents which I see or hear from daily.

• 4. Re: Photoshop monthly fee

Then there is this: Introducing the Photoshop Photography Program [Updated] « Adobe Creative Cloud

Since introducing Photoshop CC, we’ve listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we’re announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month:

• Photoshop CC
                • Lightroom 5
                • 20 GB of online storage
                • Behance ProSite
                • Access to Creative Cloud Learn’s training resources
                • Ongoing upgrades and updates

To be clear, $9.99 is not an introductory price. It is the price for those of you who sign up by December 31, 2013. And here is a list of prices for the major regions outside of the US – keep in mind that these prices are exclusive of VAT/local taxes which vary by country.

North America                                             $9.99 USD

• 5. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                  Level 5

JJMack,

One of the problems with getting Photoshop on a subscription model is that the subscriber has no guarantee that one or more features may not be deprecated in later versions of Photoshop over time.

As an example one can cite the removal of the Oil Paint Filter that was still present in Photoshop CC but has been removed from CC2014.

• 6. Re: Photoshop monthly fee

Not a problem Creative Cloud includes three versions of Photoshop.

Capture.jpg

• 7. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                      Level 5

Oh, and "20 GB" of storage can be had for peanuts in the form of even a USB flash drive you can put on your key-chain, for the price of a single monthly tribute paid to Adobe without having to worry about an Internet connection.

…plus, Adobe can remove any one of those perks at their discretion, caprice or whim, without the subscriber having any recourse or redress of any kind as per Adobe's unilateral Terms of Use.  Adobe may even discontinue the service also without any consequence to the corporation.  This one is a consideration that applies to both the $9.99 and $19.99 subscription flavors.

• 8. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                        Level 5

Adobe reserves the right to discontinue any one or all of these features at their discretion, caprice or whim, without the subscriber having any recourse or redress of any kind as per Adobe's unilateral Terms of Use, which they publicly offer in writing to add insult to injury.

Adobe may even discontinue the entire service and plan also without any consequence to the corporation.

Capture.jpg

PS— Sorry about recycling your screen shot, JJ. 

• 9. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Actually the Photography Plan has a 2 GB CC storage limit and a Basic Typekit Plan. some members might have been grandfathered in at 20 GB, but that what new members would get.

It's a small detail, but should be noted.

Gene

• 10. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                            Level 5

2 GB! The local phone company, which has the distinction of never having been part of AT&T, gives 2 GB sticks to customers for free on different occasions. 

• 11. Re: Photoshop monthly fee

I have far larger cloud storage accounts, so it is like a free USB stick. Since I'm here for Photoshop and Bridge, it doesn't bother me.

Yes there is a chance they could drop it entirely, but they were sure of themselves enough to make it permanent instead of "introductory" even given the escape clause.

@larivec:  It is a one year contract whether you choose monthly or annual payments.

Gene

• 12. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                                Level 5

gener7 wrote:

Yes there is a chance they could drop it entirely, but they were sure of themselves enough to make it permanent instead of "introductory" even given the escape clause…

Again, their Terms of Use allows them to make "permanent" into illusory with impunity.

ugly-Adobe-Shantanu-Narayen.png

• 13. Re: Photoshop monthly fee

Yes, they can drop the deal anytime,but I'm very sure enough planning went into this to where they felt confident using the word "permanent".

Gene

• 14. Re: Photoshop monthly fee

station_two wrote:

Adobe reserves the right to discontinue any one or all of these features at their discretion, caprice or whim, without the subscriber having any recourse or redress of any kind as per Adobe's unilateral Terms of Use, which they publicly offer in writing to add insult to injury.

IMO "to add insult to injury" I believe is your opinion, your assessment and one that many may have.  There are many thing I don't like about Adobe. I feel their Management is poor and is responsible.  Management set the course IMO Photoshop development process lacks controls that should be in place far too may bugs are unleashed onto to their user many reported bugs go unfixed release after released.  Photoshop quality is going down hill some day I hope we the corporate customers stand up and demand better quality and bug fixes.  Till then I feel we are exposed and Adobe Management will continue their current polices. However I do not believe they intentionally remove and plain on removing important features.  What is happening is due to Adobe management.  Adobe needs better design processes the includes walk troughs that develop better test plans and regression testing.  Developers can not develop a stellar program with out stellar management

• 15. Re: Photoshop monthly fee
                                      Level 5

Anything anyone ever says is that person's opinion, JJMack.  If I step out of my house, realize that I'm getting wet and say "It's raining" I don't feel compelled to preface the statement with "in my opinion".

Of course what I wrote is my opinion, just as what you just typed is yours. Another one of my opinions is that continually typing "IMO" or its equivalents borders on affectation.

You wrote:

…Photoshop quality is going down hill some day I hope we the corporate customers stand up and demand…

…and what kind of motivation would that be for Adobe now that they have man-shackled customers for life?