• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 16 Installer opens but won't run on 64 bit Wdws 7 and IE 11

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Player ActiveX Ver. 15.0.0.246 installed on my Dell Inspiron N7010 (Intel Core i3 processor) laptop, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS with Service Pack 1, 6 GB of RAM, and using Internet Explorer Ver. 11.0, 32-bit browser.  Flash Player notified me that it was time to update to Flash Player Ver 16.0, and took me to the website to download the installer.  I first disabled my anti-virus (ESET NOD32 Ver 8.0.) and malware (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Ver 2.0.4) software, and then clicked the 'Install' button on the website.  After I gave my security software permission to let it run, it opened the blank black installer window (labeled "Adobe Flash Player Installer").  Nothing happened after that.  No indications that anything was happening appeared in either the Adobe website window or the installer window.  (The Adobe website window had advanced to "Step 2 of 3.")  I gave it 10 or 15 minutes, then clicked the red "X" button in the upper right corner of the window to close it, but the installer window would not close.  I had to use the Windows Task Manager to shut it down.  I tried rebooting and re-attempting several times, but never was able to get the installer to run.

The installer ran fine on my other computer, which has the same configuration / version nos. of OS, IE, AV, A-Malware, and Flash Player, and I was able to successfully upgrade it to FP 16.0.

I have noticed that several others on this forum are having this problem, but with other combinations of OS and browsers, and I did not find a definitive solution for this problem that appeared to be applicable to my combination of software (defined above). If anyone with this combination of software has solved this problem, would you please be kind enough to provide a step-by-step description of the solution, on this forum, in layman's terms, and provide screen shots where little-known Windows, IE, or Flash Player steps / processes / menu choices are involved.

Thanks,

Spaceadventurer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines