Any help will be much appreciated.
Platform: Win 7, RH 11, Word 2013 however, using an existing Word Template that was created in Word 2007.
- Six months ago, an upgrade of RH8 to RH11 took place (smooth, no issues reported). Please note, I have no "easy" way to verify if there was a problem in RH8 (all projects are upgraded, and old builds are backed up on IT server).
- There are existing Styles created in RH and in the Word Template (e.g., Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, Normal, normal_bold, etc.). These existing Styles have no mapping issues hence, RH CSS recognizes their corresponding Word Styles.
- RH11 CSS does not recognize New RH Styles and Word Styles.
- NOTE: Styles are the same type. “For example, character to character, paragraph to paragraph, table to table, and multi-level list to multi-level list” (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11aff59c2a0-7ee4.ht ml#WS21E2B5E4-C4AC-47b2-9D4B-D548EA9E3C04).
- Converted (SaveAs) my template .dot (Word 2007) to ".dotm" (Word 2013) = No change in issue mentioned above.
- What do I see when I create new Styles in RH CSS and Word Template: I am able to map Table and Multi Level List.
Purpose: Working on a documentation standard project. Creating New Styles ‘based on’ existing styles. For example:
- Style: Paragraph
- Formatting: Font =10pt
- Indents: Left = 36pt
- Spacing: Before = 0px
- Paragraph: Alignment = Left
- Indentation: Left = 18pt, Right = 0pt, Special = Hanging (By 18pt)
- Spacing: Before = 6pt, After = 0pt, Line Spacing = Single
Word Template (.dot)
- Style: Paragraph
- Style Properties: Name = ListBullet, Style type = Paragraph, Style based on = Normal, Style for following paragraph = ListBullet
- Formatting: Font = Arial Font style = Regular, Size = 9pt, Font color = Automatic (black), Underline style = none
- Paragraph/Indents & Spacing: Alignment = Left, Outline level = Body Text
- Indentation: Left = 0.25", Right = 0", Special = Hanging (By: 0.25")
- Spacing: Before = 0pt, After = 6pt, Line Spacing = Single, Selected (Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style)
- Paragraph/Line & Page Breaks: Pagination = Window/Orphan control, Tight wrap = None
- Bullet Format: Font = Symbol, Font style = Regular, Size = 9, Font color = no color
Problem I am having is as follows:
RH Wizard section - Print Document Appearance
Project’s CSS Styles (Used Only or All)
Microsoft Word Styles (all)
Unassigned – Use style in project) drop-down list
The Style “ListBullet” does NOT show in the list
NOTE: This anomaly I just reported happens for ANY new ‘Paragraph Style’ I create. If I create a List/MultiList, and the names of the Style are the same in RH and Word, RH Wizard automatically maps them. However, reading on multiple forums, authors have reported problems with Indentations (i.e., Word over extends the indentations); I have see this as well.
PS - Happy Holidays to you and your families. My Best, ~PM
PSS - Hi Peter ... I reviewed your site and this site, and Googled as well before posting.