• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud subscription, "your trial has expired."

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Creative Cloud subscriber for more than a year, yet each time I start up an application I am told, "your trial has expired." Each time for each application it seems I must "click license this software" and then go through the log in process before I go to work.

Why? This is really frustrating!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Hi Guywclinch,

You just need to place the original opm.db file on the desktop

1. Exit Creative Cloud app.
  2. On Windows remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  3. On Mac remove the opm.db file located here: <user>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE
  4. Restart Creative Cloud Connection and sign in.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Eshant Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guywclinch,

You just need to place the original opm.db file on the desktop

1. Exit Creative Cloud app.
  2. On Windows remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  3. On Mac remove the opm.db file located here: <user>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE
  4. Restart Creative Cloud Connection and sign in.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Eshant Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eshant,

Seems to have worked. Thank you very much!

- Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear, Guy.

You can always get to back if you need any help related to Adobe products.

Thanks,

Eshant Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eshant_Jindal,

The problem above came back for the past two months (seems like after the monthly renewal kicks in). I also keep getting a notification in my Windows Action Center that says, "Complete your Adobe ID profile and register your products." I've gone over my registration info comprehensively. I don't see any information missing.

Each time it is, I've got an idea. I want to turn it into something and I have to deal with this BS yet again. This may seem like minor irritation, but it speaks to me that Adobe doesn't value me as a customer.

I'l appreciate any help you can give. Thank you.

- Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guywclinch wrote:

Eshant_Jinda,

The problem above came back for the past two months (seems like after the monthly renewal kicks in). I also keep getting a notification in my Windows Action Center that says, "Complete your Adobe ID profile and register your products." I've gone over my registration info comprehensively. I don't see any information missing.

Each time it is, I've got an idea. I want to turn it into something and I have to deal with this BS yet again. This may seem like minor irritation, but it speaks to me that Adobe doesn't value me as a customer.

- Guy

guywclinch wrote:

Eshant_Jinda,

- Guy

guywclinch wrote:

Eshant_Jinda,

- Guy

guywclinch wrote:

Eshant_Jinda,

- Guy

guywclinch wrote:

Eshant_Jinda,

- Guy

And here we go again. Except today we are stuck in an endless loop as the validation screen keeps appearing for 20 seconds and then going away.

Creative Cloud 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again today, except today Dreamweaver will not open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maryal: Did you ever get a satisfactory answer when facing this same problem? Thread: creative cloud software says my free trial has expired, but I have a paid subscription

If so, please share.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

The issue sounds frustrating. I have seen this happen before but different things can cause it in different circumstances. I'm working on a Windows 7 computer myself and don't see this behavior.

From my experience, these would be some of the common causes.

- Some kind of anti-virus, system optimization, or software maintaining computer system state

- Improper permissions or OS imposed limitations on write access (UAC) preventing the activation information from being properly saved

- Something configured incorrectly from the Adobe side on your account (this is probably the least common, I checked your account and didn't see anything unusual)

These would be the things I would try in your position. The troubleshooting for validating the license would be a little different than the software reverting to a trial state.

For the validating license:

- Quit the Creative Cloud app and all Creative Cloud related processes in Task Manager

- Shutdown Windows completely (not restart)

This should check if there were any pending Windows updates

- Restart Windows

- Quit the Creative Cloud app and all Creative Cloud related processes in Task Manager

- Find the Creative Cloud app shortcut in the Start Menu, right click on it and choose Properties, Under the compatibility tab set it to run as Administrator

- Launch the Creative Cloud app, see if it gets past the validating license phase, if not contact our tech support over phone or chat

For having to re license over and over

- For this you'd want to try installing under different conditions than you had been previously

This might be a time consuming process I'll warn you

- Uninstall all Creative Cloud products, uninstall the Creative Cloud app last

- Download and run the Adobe Cleaner Tool - Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6

- Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to confirm all Creative Cloud products are removed and also removed your Adobe ID info using the tool

- Disable you anti-virus (you'll want to re-enable it after reinstalling all your Creative Cloud products)

- Enable the Windows built in admin account 3 Ways to Enable Administrator Account in Windows 7‌ (you'll want to disable it after reinstalling all your Creative Cloud products)

- Switch back to your original account, ensure you're not prompted to log-in again after restarting the computer

This might be a little overkill, but would be what I would try in that situation, if you're not comfortable doing this stuff I'd reach out to our tech support over phone or chat

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time getting things to work properly

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I very much appreciate your advice above and the gesture of account credit. As for the problem, I have tried 80% of what you suggest over the months of having tried to solve this problem. Some of the Windows 7 suggestions do not apply to Win 8.1 (or let me say, I'll need to find how to accomplish them given the differences with Win 8.1).

Since I am having the exact same problem on two different Windows 8.1 machines from two different manufactures and since my Lenovo was two weeks ago shipped back to the depot and wiped clean and the problem has since reoccurred, I have to say that I am skeptical that spending more time on this is going to help. (FYI, I reinstalled my Creative Cloud apps before reinstalling my McAfee security package on the Lenovo).

If I were alone in this problem, if there weren't many people registering the same compliant, I might write this of to  cockpit error. I really think it is overdue that Adobe stop putting the burden of this problem on the users and figure out what is really going on here. Adobe licenses a very expensive software. The users should not have additional overhead costs (hard or soft) on top of those charges to be able to use it. It should work seamlessly.

Thank you for caring and taking action. I appreciate your personal efforts.

Best regards,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new one #fail.

Adobe.fw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get any of this resolved? My PS keeps cycling through the validation screen over and over as well and my LR develop mod is disable, saying I need a license.  On the CC app, they both say trial expired but I have a paid subscription.

-Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution. This is killing me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines