12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 10:45 AM by A.T. Romano

REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED

jean83ice

I just recently purchased the Adobe Elements for Premiere and Photoshop 12. Once I made this purchase and began to install the software, the redemption code states that the code is inactive, therefore not allowing me to register or use my product. I have attempted all the solutions listed on the site I have made several inquiries to Adobe concerning the matter and the only viable solutions were a 24 hour chat that no representative from Adobe (that I could tell) responded to any relatable forum of highly pissed off customers that had the same experience as me. I would like to know why a company this size can't offer a customer service/technical support staff to assist with issues, that I can actually speak with over the phone and not anxiously wait on a reply. #unprofessional #disappointedcustomer #Adobe

• 1. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you buy direct from Adobe, or from another vendor?

Did you buy a download version, or a boxed version that came with a redemption code?

This is a user forum, not Adobe support... you are going to have to have Adobe support, or the vendor where you purchased, fix your problem

Redemption Code http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/redemption-code-help.html

• 2. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
            jean83ice Level 1

Hello John,

I purchased it from another vendor. It's a boxed version with a redemption code that does not work. I have tried all the links and read all the forums connected with redemption coded for elements. I also contacted Adobe support as well as reached out on their social media forums.

• 3. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements Online chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PRE

• 4. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jean83ice

Have you gone through the redemption code drill with antivirus and firewall turned off?

Have you contacted the vendor who sold you the product? What has been its response? What is the

problem with returning the product from the vendor and getting your money back from the vendor?

As John has pointed out, this is not Adobe. Rather user to user forum. And, I am not sure how much

Adobe is going to help you with this since your purchase involves a non current version 12 instead of 13,

and this was not a purchase from Adobe direct (Adobe sells only the download).

I think that your most promising leads reside with the vendor who sold you the product.

If you get a chance, please let us know the outcome

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                  jean83ice Level 1

Hello ATR,

I have not and cannot turn off my firewall due to the sensitivity of

proprietary information on my work laptop. I have contacted the vendor and

they will not allow me to return the product because it is an older version

of Elements. I understood that the purchase is an older version of Adobe

Elements, but it's still their product and as a customer, I would expect

some feedback an/ or reply even if Adobe cannot assist me.

Jeanice McCord

Marketing Manager

Primary Residential Mortgage of Hendersonville

Hendersonville, TN 37075

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

• 6. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeanice McCord

The Adobe return/refund within 30 days of purchase applies only when the purchase is made from Adobe direct - that is aside from the current versus non current version aspects of this. That has been written about here as well as at other web sites.

Since this is a user to user forum, the timing on any Adobe presence in this forum is not defined and infrequent. More often than not, these appearances are related to latest version just after the release of the latest version.

Your contact information in the thread is more likely to attract typical online nuisances rather than offer a contact point for Adobe to contact you on this matter.

Often a moderator will remove that type of information from the thread when seen.

Based on the history of this type of matter, it would seem to me that your only remedy is to come from the vendor under the terms of the sale between the two of you. This is especially relevant since you cannot even enter the program because you are blocked at the Redemption Code level. If you can succeed otherwise, that would be great, but not seeing how if you have gone through every step of obtaining the serial number from the Redemption Code and the vendor will not allow for a refund or replacement.

Have you tried John's link in post 3 to reach an active Chat Panel? If so, what was the result?

ATR

• 7. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                      jean83ice Level 1

I am not looking or asking for a refund, I am simply searching for a

solution. I have already sent two messages in the Active Chat Panel and

have not yet recieved a reply. I am not trying to create on online nuisance

just trying to reiterate the fact that a company such as Adobe should not

resort to forums when customers have technical/registration issues.  Adobe

relies only on Active Chat Panel and the Adobe Forum as a solution to my

particular problem. Someone from Adobe Elements on Facebook has just

reached out to me inquiring about the Redemption Code. I have responded

accordingly and have yet to hear a response.

Jeanice McCord

[personal information removed... Mod - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[If you are posting using email, please turn your 'sig file' function OFF for posting]

• 8. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeanice McCord

At the user to user level we can only point you to the Adobe document on Redemption Codes.

That was a great lead that you mentioned

Someone from Adobe Elements on Facebook has just

reached out to me inquiring about the Redemption Code. I have responded

accordingly and have yet to hear a response.

I hope that works out for you. It will be interesting to determine how that Facebook reply will differ from the

information in the Adobe document on Redemption Codes.

You wrote "I am not trying to create on online nuisances"....you may have misunderstood what I wrote

about not posting personal contact information. The nuisance that I referred to was that of the spammer

who sees your information in a public forum such as this.

Best wishes for success in obtaining your product's serial number from the purchased product's Redemption Code.

ATR

• 9. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                          jean83ice Level 1

Yes, I am posting from my gmail account,so I did not take into account my

e-signature, so I apologize for my misinterpretation. I am crossing my

fingers waiting for a reply from facebook. Thanks for taking the time to

assist me!

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 5:25 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 10. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeanice McCord

Thanks for the reply.

If your Facebook contact does not have an answer to your problem, together we could go through the Adobe document

on Redemption Codes to determine if we are both interpreting the instructions the same. I have had no prior experience

with Redemption Codes, but worth the try if needed.

ATR

• 11. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                              jean83ice Level 1

Hello ATR,

The Facebook  Adobe Elements contact sent me the serial numbers last night,

All's well that ends well. Thanks!

-J

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 6:26 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 12. Re: REDEMPTION CODE DOESN'T WORK....NOT SURPRISED
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jean83ice

So glad for your success. Great job by you and the Adobe representative who stepped forward to help with reliable information.

Any indication what went wrong in the documented Redemption Code process?

But, you are moving forward with your project. That is the major thought.

Best wishes, and thanks for the follow up. Very much appreciated.

ATR