1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 3:27 PM by ntsiii

Flash Movie or Coding in Flex

Salman_Qureshi
      I have a requirement from my client to embed a flash movie as an SWC into their flex application. Now I have heard from a few people that it is sometimes better to not embed and code everything in Actionscript. The flash application is a simple Spherical 3D GLOBE graph with 5 equal portoins. the portion in front has its details shown in a table on the side. When clicked the globe revolves and the next portion is displayed and the table is refreshed.

Would it be easier for me to embed this Flash 8 movie (actionscript 2) into my flex application (actionscript 3) or would I be able to create such a graph using actionscript by itself.

I understand that most members on this forum have more experience with Flex than myself. So please advise which route to take.

Thanks
      Salman
        • 1. Re: Flash Movie or Coding in Flex
          ntsiii Level 3
          First this forum is intended for questions about Flex Builder. Flex language questions should be posted in the Flex General Discussion forum.

I am not a flash guy, and graphics of that nature are way beyond me. I would embed the asset. Now, while we have the AS2/AS3 issue, you will have to communicate with the as2 movie using localConnection.

Google this, you will find a lot of discussion.

Tracy