edge inspect will not start

loiterman

I installed:

edge

bonjour

the app on the ipad

I fire up the bounjour.exe file so it should be running

I started the app on the ipad

I am clicking the edge program icon on the pc.

nothing.

• 1. Re: edge inspect will not start
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Edge Inspect forum.

• 2. Re: edge inspect will not start
            saumishr Employee Moderator

Hi Jeff,

Did you install the Edge Inspect Chrome Extension as well? You don't need to run bounjour manually. Please follow these steps to get it up and running.

• Make sure your computer and devices are all on the same wireless network.
            • Start the Creative Cloud desktop app and login with Adobe ID.
            • Ensure that port 7682 is not blocked by any other application e.g. firewall etc.
            • Start the Edge Inspect application on your computer. Click on the Inspect icon and check whether your Adobe ID is displayed in the menu. Also, start the Edge Inspect apps on each of your devices.
            • Let the devices discover the computer via Bonjour, or manually connect them by entering the IP address.
            • Enter the passcode for each device in the Edge Inspect Chrome extension to perform a one-time pairing process, then begin previewing and inspecting.

For details you can refer to this document: http://www.adobe.com/inspire/2012/12/web-designs-edge-inspect.html

Please let me know in case you need more information. I will be happy to help.