4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 7:50 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elments 13

tmbdp Level 1

I purchased the full version of Premiere Elements 13 and created a video story but when I go to transfer it to a DVD it tells me "export error-you don't have permission to create or delete the output file?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elments 13
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You must run the program with an Administrator account so you have the correct permissions

Also, Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for "All" versions of Premiere] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 2. Re: Premiere Elments 13
            A.T. Romano Level 7

tmbdp

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

You appear to be working with the Premiere Elements Editor new feature named Video Story under the Create header.

You wrote

created a video story but when I go to transfer it to a DVD

Could you elaborate on ...transfer it to a DVD?

Are you going from the Edit area to Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc or something else?

If you are not already working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges, then we have

much to explore in the way of details.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elments 13
              tmbdp Level 1

I am running it on a new HP All in One, 8.1 - it didn't specify when I installed Premiere elements 13 to run it under a separate administrator - can I still set it up this way? If so, how?

Yes, it is under the create program and it says video story

I downloaded it to my desktop and then burned it but when I go to play it on a dvd it says disc error????

I am really new at all this, I thought it would be a fun program but I'm definitely having some problems here.

Also I noticed when I transferred the photos they got more distorted - color wise, they are a lot whiter/flushed out??

Thanks

• 4. Re: Premiere Elments 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

tmbdp

I have a lot of questions. Do not get overwhelmed by them. We will do one phase at a time if necessary. But here is what we need to sort out

a. permission issues

b. Video Story feature workings

c. What you are doing with the Video Story to get it to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

Anything you do not understand, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will re-write to communicate the comments if necessary.

Let us explore...the settings and details that you used to get the project out of Video Story as well as the settings and details of what you did with the Video Story after it arrived on your computer desktop.

Details...

Procedure Questions

Let us explore your workflow to try to spot the core of the issue.

After you complete your Video Story, one of your choices is to Publish Story. Do you make that choice?

For now, I am assuming that you selected Publish Story. There are 5 choices under Publish Story, none burn to disc.

Private Web Site

Social Websites

Computer

Mobile Phone and Players

Publish to Timeline

I would think that, if you want a burn to disc end product, you would have selected Publish to Timeline, ending

with Publish+Share/DIsc/DVD disc. But you say that you "downloaded it to your desktop". To do that, do you select

Publish Story and its Computer choice? Is so, what are the details of the file that you will be saving to your computer desktop.

Publish+Share/Computer/then what? And, did you use default settings for the preset selected or did you customize the preset under

its Advanced Button/Video Tab?

After you get the file to the desktop, are you then importing that file into Premiere Elements for the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc?

You wrote

I downloaded it to my desktop and then burned it but when I go to play it on a dvd it says disc error????

What player are you using? What kind of DVD disc did you use? Also, look at the Premiere Elements Burn To: with and without

the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher preference enabled. See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Premiere Elements Run With Administrative Privileges

Both Premiere Elements and its required QuickTime install require being run from User Account with Administrative Privileges.

If you have Premiere Elements on Windows 8.1 64 bit, please go to Control Panel and the User Accounts to determine which User

Account you are using. Does the account include the word Administrator on it?

Also, go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13.0

and find the file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Right click this file and select and apply "Run As Administrator". Then

double click the file to open Premiere Elements to the Expert workspace and try to complete your project.

All this will be fun once you get to know the program and its new feature better. We all go through this learning curve whether we

are beginner, intermediate, or advanced users.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR