2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 3:14 PM by Conrad C

Behavior of zoom slider and the pinch gesture in LR

ps-user13

It is not actually a problem or bug in LR5, but it is something that is unnerving - at least for me.

I mean this strange behavior of the zoom slider and the pinch gesture, where the  "fit to screen" is on the left side and than you zoom out first (16:1 ...2:1) before you reach 1:1 and finally zoom in (1:2 ...).

(I personally never found a reason to shrink the picture on the screen!)

Is it possible to change the way the zoom function works?

Are there hot keys to switch for example to 1:1 ?

Best,

Andreas

• 1. Re: Behavior of zoom slider and the pinch gesture in LR
          Bob Somrak Level 5

For me the ZOOM slider on the toolbar in Develop is a worthless control so I just turn it off.  It is easier to just use the zoom controls in the Navigator panel.  The shortcut is to just use a leftclick on the image to zoom in and out (you have to hold the shift key when using a tool).  The default zooms are either Fit or Fill (the last one used) at one click and the last used ratio such as 1:1 at the other click. 

There is an obscure reason to shrink the image and that is to move the Radial and Graduated Filter controls OFF the photo.  There may be other reasons also.

• 2. Re: Behavior of zoom slider and the pinch gesture in LR
            Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

ps-user13 wrote:

(I personally never found a reason to shrink the picture on the screen!)

Is it possible to change the way the zoom function works?

Are there hot keys to switch for example to 1:1 ?

You can try the Z key shortcut. Pressing Z toggles between Fit and the last ratio you chose. If you click Fit and then you click 1:1, pressing Z will now toggle between Fit and 1:1.