7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 3:11 PM by A.T. Romano

WMV  files

Peterboroughmodels

WMV  files from 1993 will not import into priemiere 10 how can I get them

They will play in windows 7

• 1. Re: WMV  files
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Peterboroughmodel

What are the properties of these wmv files that will not import into Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit)?

Please download and install the codec utility named GSpot and let us know what the readings are for

Video, Codec - Name - Status

and

Audio, Codec - Status

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? Please confirm with Device Manager/Display Adapters/ list.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: WMV  files
            Peterboroughmodels Level 1

Hi

gspot installed 169 codecs and I had  Pure Codec player install 100's more

when PC built by NCIX computers.

Thanks for your help

Have a great Christmas

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:03 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: WMV  files
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peterboroughmodels

Thank you for the reply.

You seem to have a lot of codecs installed. Sometimes with Premiere Elements the matter boils down to the codec not being installed or the codec installed but not available to the program. So, the information requested was to be a starting point to the status of video and audio compression for your problem wmv file.

If you analyze now your actual problem wmv files with GSpot, are the readings telling you Status = codecs installed, not installed, or undetermined?

Is your computer using a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card, and is it only these .wmv files that will not import or all of your video files irregardless of format? For that matter, will some of these wmv import while others of its kind will not?

Depending on the properties of what you have, file conversion might need to be considered.

When your schedule permits, please let us discuss this further.

Wishing you the best for Christmas, New Year, and always.

ATR

• 4. Re: WMV  files

Hi

Codecs undetermined per Gspot. Audio as well see    screen shot>> However

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WMZHE\Pure Codec\PurePlayer.exe"  will play videos

but I can not edit in that program.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: WMV  files
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Peterboroughmodels

Have you given any thought to conversion to a H.264.mp4 using either HandBrake or Movie Maker before import into Premiere Elements?

What is going to be your destination format....export to file saved to the computer hard drive or a burn to disc?

What is the frame size and frame rate of the source wmv?

In my prior replies in your thread, I have asked about the video card/graphics card since there is a known serious issue with Premiere Elements

10 on a computer that uses NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card.

If you need more details on the above, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: WMV  files

Hi

I loaded priemere 12 and no luck.

Video card is ASUS Geforce 750 2 gb and 2 channels.

WMV file is 1.05 gig in size and codec must be installed as player I

mentioned earlier plays it.

I'll try a video converter program from the Internet over the holidays. If

I get to edit the WMV file I'll let you know what worked.

Many thanks for your help

Take care

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: WMV  files
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Peterboroughmodels

Thanks for the reply. We will be looking forward to learning of your results when you have the time.

I am not clear on the essential differences between ANUS GeForce and NVIDIA GeForce and if they share the

same issue with regard to the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue which requires the user to roll back

the driver version to about May 2013 to overcome display issues and other.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

So, something that may have to be looked at closer in progressing through the troubleshooting.

ATR