4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 12:18 AM by glennpsychdoc

How do I purchase and upgrade from 12 to 13?

glennpsychdoc Level 1

I have purchased PE 12 and I want to upgrade to PE 13. How do I go about doing that? Thank you.

• 1. Re: How do I purchase and upgrade from 12 to 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

glennpsychdoc

Premiere Elements versions are standalone versions.

You would just purchase Premiere Elements 13 as download (specific to your computer operating system) from Adobe or a vendor or in the box packaging from an authorized vendor so that you get installation disc for Windows and Mac.

You do not have to deactivate and uninstall 12 to put Premiere Elements 13 on the same computer. Just use one program at a time.

Definitely explore the Premiere Elements 13 tryout from Adobe before purchase from it or an authorized vendor. This way you can determine the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals.

Is there any aspect of your question that I am not taking into consideration? Please let me know if that is the case.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I purchase and upgrade from 12 to 13?
            glennpsychdoc Level 1

Hello AT.

With all other Adobe products I could upgrade from a previous version. I am

looking to upgrade from 12 to 13 on my Mac system. Is that possible or do I

have to buy a whole new 13 product? I have downloaded a trial version and it

works well with my Mac OS 10.10 system. Thanks.

Glenn

Glenn Bailey, Ph.D., M.A.

Licensed Psychologist

"A merry heart does good like medicine." Proverbs 17:22a

• 3. Re: How do I purchase and upgrade from 12 to 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Glenn Bailey

Premiere Elements has always been a standalone program.

If you can show proof of owner of an earlier version of Premiere Elements that should make you eligible for discounted pricing "Upgrade" vs "Full". Those terms relate to pricing and to proof of ownership of an earlier version rather than to a fullest of content of the program that you are purchasing.

So, my take on your situation would be that you will need to purchase Premiere Elements 13 Mac.

Just in case note, you cannot open Premiere Elements Windows project files to Premiere Elements Mac and vice versa.

Glad to learn that Premiere Elements 13 is working well in your computer environment.

Please let me know if you need any further information on this.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I purchase and upgrade from 12 to 13?
                glennpsychdoc Level 1

Thanks again for your help AT.

Glenn

Glenn Bailey, Ph.D., M.A.

Licensed Psychologist

"A merry heart does good like medicine." Proverbs 17:22a