Copied

Will it ever happen?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was said it would come when the new compiler would be ready. That happened in the previous release, and I guess having to support arm64 took the resources they had for adding concurrency...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A message from Chris Campbell stated on Dec 9:

"AIR developers, we haven’t forgotten about you!  It’s been all hands on deck getting support into AIR for iOS 64 bit.  Our plan is to shortly (possibly later this week) release an updated AIR 16 beta with iOS 64-bit compatibility along with an early peek at the videoTexture API for iOS.  We’re counting on getting great feedback from you and quickly making improvements.  We’ll continue updating our beta releases on labs.adobe.com to make sure you have the latest code available.  We know its going to be tough for everyone as we approach this holiday season, but we’re committed to making sure we have a solution in place before Apple changes their store requirements."

Chris has indicated that 64-bit support for iOS is top priority. In order for 64-bit support to happen the new iOS compiler must be finished, they are close but not completely done yet. The VideoTexture appears to be the next priority since it is already in beta for Windows, Mac. Adobe still has not finalized VideoTexture on Windows nor Mac, but I would imagine that they are close to getting that right since Chris said they will have a preview of VideoTexture on iOS in January. Adobe still has many bugs with concurrency, such us the MessageChannel not push popping the message queue correctly, making it unstable on Windows, Mac, and Android. To fix the Windows and Android concurrency bugs alone I would imagine will take at least a month. To finalize VideoTexture will take another month for Windows alone, and another month for Android since Android suffers from dozens of H.264 video bugs. Adobe still is working on support for Android 5.0.1 and has not yet finished that work either. So I would not expect concurrency on iOS to be released until June or later.

But we are sure hoping that it is sooner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

I'm waiting for your good news.

Please keep me informed on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines