5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2014 9:05 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements not working

HenkThomassen

When starting, it reports Organiser Database missing or corrupt. When trying to create a new database, Adobe crashes and ends.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements not working
          A.T. Romano Level 7

HenkThomassen

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have installation disc or installation files along with the purchased serial number for this program?

Apparently you have sought to create a new catalog to find a solution for the problem. Have you looked at the

deletion of the Elements Organizer settings file (named psa.prf).

More details once I know version and operating system and further details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements not working
            HenkThomassen Level 1

I'm using Premiere Elements 9 on a Windows8 PC.

I installed on my new PC with installation discs and purchased serial number.

Software removal, reboot, re-install did not help.

When trying to find the psa.prf file I discovered there was none.

When creating a new one with Organiser, Premiere was able to start. Yeay!

Regards,

Henk

Verzonden met Windows Mail

Van: A.T. Romano

Verzonden: woensdag 24 december 2014 17:37

Aan: Henk Thomassen

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion 

HenkThomassen

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have installation disc or installation files along with the purchased serial number for this program?

Apparently you have sought to create a new catalog to find a solution for the problem. Have you looked at the

deletion of the Elements Organizer settings file (named psa.prf).

More details once I know version and operating system and further details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7042112#7042112 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7042112#7042112

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements not working
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HenkThomassen

Great news. Great job in working through the details to get to the solution.

I was waiting for more information from you so that I could give you version specific information on the how to.

But you seemed to have found the paths needed without supplemental instructions.

The two major troubleshooting tools that I would use when the Elements Organizer is involved

a. delete the psa.prf file

and/or

b. create a new catalog.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 projects.

By the way, if you are not working from the 9.0.1 Update, good idea to do that.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

You can do that update with the program closed....do not bother with Help Menu/Update for this update. Use the link instead.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements not working
                HenkThomassen Level 1

Hi AT,

You mentioning the psa.prf file helped me in googling the steps you mentioned for other users on the forum, so thanks for that.

Also your direct download link was helpful, as the package is not able to update from the help/update function.

Any idea why the update functionality is not working properly?

I still need another update for camera raw, for both photoshop and premiere. I found links for direct dowloads for versions 6.5 and 6.6. Also the direct links end in a crash, see attachment.

Do you have suggestions?

Regards,

Henk

Verzonden met Windows Mail

Van: A.T. Romano

Verzonden: woensdag 24 december 2014 23:58

Aan: Henk Thomassen

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion 

HenkThomassen

Great news. Great job in working through the details to get to the solution.

I was waiting for more information from you so that I could give you version specific information on the how to.

But you seemed to have found the paths needed without supplemental instructions.

The two major troubleshooting tools that I would use when the Elements Organizer is involved

a. delete the psa.prf file

and/or

b. create a new catalog.

Best wishes as you move forward in your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 projects.

By the way, if you are not working from the 9.0.1 Update, good idea to do that.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

You can do that update with the program closed....do not bother with Help Menu/Update for this update. Use the link instead.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7042643#7042643 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7042643#7042643

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements not working
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

HenkThomassen

Thanks for the reply.

The last Camera Raw version that will support Photoshop Elements 9/Premiere Elements 9/9.0.1 is Camera Raw 6.5. No updates after that for 9.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Under the circumstances of the older versions and Help Menu/Update, you might want to consider downloading and doing a manual install of Camera Raw 6.5 which is still possible for 9/9.0.1. Please see

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5260

and the links in that link for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.

Just a reminder...Camera Raw install allows for Premiere Elements only import into project of raw image format and dng, no Camera Raw dialog for edit.

Camera Raw dialog will only appear when Photoshop Elements/Camera Raw is installed.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above information.

Thank you.

ATR