3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 6:24 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I stop DVD menu sizes from changing upon opening projects?

River--

I'm trying to make a menu for a DVD. Every time I open the project, done it twice now, the menu boxes are tiny, and wont go back to their original size/shape.

How do I stop this from happening?

• 1. Re: How do I stop DVD menu sizes from changing upon opening projects?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

river --

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? Which specific disc menu theme is involved?

Could you give more detail on what these menu boxes are....

a. the thumbnails for the theme in the disc menu display area

b. scene menu buttons in the Scene Selection page accessed from the main menu

c. other

How did they get from the original to this tiny size...did you resize them or was the change from the original out of your control?

Have you tried to open a new project and gotten the same unwanted result? Or, have you just tried to reopen the same project more than once?

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and having problems with? If not, then we will proceed with just this written

exchange of information/details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I stop DVD menu sizes from changing upon opening projects?
            River-- Level 1

Windows 7 Home premium 64.

Premiere Elements 13

I had this problem on 2 of the 4 videos I tried to do.

As far as I know, I didn't do anything different on the 2 the are messed up.

Untitled.png

• 3. Re: How do I stop DVD menu sizes from changing upon opening projects?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

River --

Thanks for the screenshot.

Your text for your scene thumbnails should not exceed the thumbnail area or did that happen when some of the thumbnails automatically

changed size?

When did all this happen - after you had the menus as you wanted them, did you preview them, and were they OK then?

The other aspect of this - was your thumbnail text exceeding the area of the thumbnail and you clicked and dragged on the thumbnail

which resulted in changes in the thumbnail size and text? Or did you do text sizing in the area to the right of the customization area.

If all else fails, then let us delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, then delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Interesting note about 2 of 4 videos...reflecting back are you seeing anything different for what do did for the 2 that did not display the problem?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR