3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 4:38 PM by A.T. Romano

    filecache.cpp 988 and trancoding error resolved by archiving

    Andreas Jansson Level 2

      After a couple of days of editing I tried to export a DVD (or any format), but I got only errors. Even "render" resulted in errors.

       

      These are examples of errors I got:

       

      filecache.cpp 988

       

      Transcoding error

       

      The only format I was able to export to was MPG2 (a single file for computer playback, not as a part of a DVD export), but it seemed as if the resulting film was missing frames and that in-between-frames had been inserted. Movements were not smooth. I don't know if frames can fall off like that, but anyway the quality of the resulting movie was not as expected.

       

      Solution: After a lot of trial and error, I archived the project, on a portable USB harddrive. I then opened the project from the archive, and what do you know! it worked! And the resulting DVD movie looks as good as the original, no missing frames or stuttering.

       

      The transcoding error is obviously very common, and no one seems to know the cause of it (there are lots of suggestions and guesses here on the forum). It's terrible that a program like Adobe Premiere 13 Elements does not supply more relevant error information, so that you know what to do to resolve errors like this.

       

      I hope that this can help others with the same problem.

        • 1. Re: filecache.cpp 988 and trancoding error resolved by archiving
          A.T. Romano Level 7

          Andreas

           

          Thanks for reporting what worked for you to produce your DVD-VIDEO on DVD or AVCHD format on DVD disc. Please remind me which one.

           

          In this particular case

           

          a. Did you use Project Archiver's Archive Project or Copy Project option? And where did you save the Trimmed or Copied Folder from the project archiving process?

           

          b. Where did you have stored the source media at the time they were imported in this project?

           

          Thank you.

           

          ATR

          • 2. Re: filecache.cpp 988 and trancoding error resolved by archiving
            Andreas Jansson Level 2

            Hi ATR!

             

            It's been a while but I had a look at this now.

             

            I don't recognize the name "AVCHD", so I guess it's DVD-Video. I made a standard DVD move that my relatives could look at with a standard DVD player and television set.

            Skärmklipp0.PNG

             

            a. I used "File / Project archiver...", and that I chose to include only media used in the Timeline of my movie (that is "Archive project")

             

            b. When putting the film together all media was stored locally, on the hard drive of my computer (in a documents folder of C:\ which is my only internal hard drive). There were no warnings about out of disk storage.

             

            It was archived to an external USB2 hard-drive.

             

            Skärmklipp1.PNG

            • 3. Re: filecache.cpp 988 and trancoding error resolved by archiving
              A.T. Romano Level 7

              Andreas Jansson

               

              Many thanks for your follow and further details on what worked for you to get the successful project.

               

              What I was curious about was how using the Trimmed Folder project file and its assets worked for you while the originals did not.

               

              Still not sure how that all worked out, but I will remember that solution if a similar case is presented in the forum threads.

               

              Best wishes

               

              ATR