1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 26, 2014 7:52 AM by station_two

'Configuration error: 6' appears when I attempt to open Photoshop on my new Macbook

mdoherty93

I had photoshop CS5 installed on my previous Macbook which is now broken, however a friend of mine was able to copy it on to an external hard drive for me. I have now purchased a new Macbook, copied and installed Photoshop on to it from the external, however when I try to open it, 'Error: 6' appears, it states: 'Configuration error. Please uninstall and reinstall the product'.
      I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. How do I fix this problem? Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: 'Configuration error: 6' appears when I attempt to open Photoshop on my new Macbook
          Level 5

Install Photoshop from scratch from the original medium, download or DVD.

Whether your friend "copied" Photoshop from your own broken Mac Book or from his machine (the latter would be completely illegal software piracy, by the way), that will NEVER work on your new machine.

First, the Photoshop installation places many auxiliary files outside the Photoshop folder all over the place.  Copying misses a bunch of critical files.

Second, the activation of the installed copy of the activation is tied to the serial numbers on the CPU of the machine and is useless in any other machine.

I repeat:  Install Photoshop from scratch from the original medium, download or DVD.