3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 11:02 AM by Steve@TheMills.org

Premier Pro working seamlessly with Lightroom

StevenNG

I am considering purchasing Premier Pro to replace imovie, since I changed from Aperture to Lightroom.

I have a few questions:

1. Will Premier Pro work seamlessly, allowing me to import photos from LR5 to Premier Pro?

2. Is there an allowance to add voice overs?

3. Can I purchase a DVD or download, rather than enrolling in the creative cloud ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premier Pro working seamlessly with Lightroom
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I might be wrong, but I don't think Lightroom is going to give you the seamless integration with Premiere Pro. Adjustments made using Lightroom are stored in the catalog, not in the image file itself. So it would be necessary for you to export copies of adjusted images to a new folder and then import those into your Premiere Pro project. What many people don't understand is that images are not "in" Lightroom. They are simply stored in folders on your hard drive, and then kept track of (including adjustments) with the Lightroom catalog.

Lightroom can be purchased at many retail outlets, as well as purchased and downloaded directly from Adobe.

Products

• 2. Re: Premier Pro working seamlessly with Lightroom
            StevenNG Level 1

Thanks. I do have LR 5 and what you say makes sense. The beauty of Aperture and iMovie is that my photos, with all adjustments, were seamlessly imported into iMovie. Do you know of any movie editing software that will seamlessly import my photos with all edits, (from LR or 3rd party plug ins)?

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Premier Pro working seamlessly with Lightroom
              Steve@TheMills.org

Try exporting all images of interest to JPG format as a stack into the same folder structure. I put the new JPG on top of the stack. This allows you to more easily import images that have already been color corrected into Pr Pro.