5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2014 2:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Problems with video sharing

SteveTokariuk

When I share my videos, it seems that no matter what way I try, the effects I add are always distorted to the point of ruining my video.

• 1. Re: Problems with video sharing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SteveTokariuk

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

Have you narrowed it down to the application of effects ruining your video? Just what specific effects did you have in mind? From your prior thread

Problems with the Crop/Matte effects when creating clone videos

it seemed to be a matter of two different videos (no effects applied yet) in a split screen effect displaying with different lighting in spite

of the fact that you said that both videos were recorded under the same controlled lighting conditions.

In Expert workspace, under Adjust Tab/Adjustments Palette/ are there any panels that have a green dot  (for a panel that you do not remember using)?

How did that ever turn out where you used the same video clip for the left and right halves of your Split Screen instead of

two different clips presumed recorded with the same lighting?

Depending on the effects in question, we could consider...

1. Troubleshooting the video card/graphics card - which one, more than one, driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card.

Please verify with Device Manager/Display Adapters/..for name, name/date of driver version/ etc.

2. Doing an uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled. Please remind me if you have been down

the path of deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

3. If all else fails, for troubleshooting purposes only at this time, download and install the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 and determine

if you run into the same issues in 13 as you have in 9.0/9.0.1.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Problems with video sharing
            SteveTokariuk Level 1

Thank You

This question was intended to be separate from my other question about the crop/matte tool

The effects I am referring to involve adding muzzle flares/pre-keyed smoke puffs, as well as effects such as cropping/lightning

All effects are located slightly above where they were supposed to be, but only appear this way when I share the video

Steve

• 3. Re: Problems with video sharing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

What are these muzzle flares/pre-keyed smoke puffs and where did they come from? I am assuming the lightning came from Premiere Elements fx Effects/Render/Lightning? Did you have the same degree of problems with flares and puffs as you had with lightning?

Are these problems involved in full screen projects as well as your split screen ones?

Please give an example of the exact project preset and the exact companion export settings for a given project with this export situation.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Problems with video sharing
                SteveTokariuk Level 1

The flares came from the Shootout Stock Pack

Yes the Lightning came from the Premiere Elements Fx

They both seem to be off at by the same factor but the main problem was with an explosion I downloaded

It occurs in both full screen and split

I believe I've tried every type of export file and all produce the same result

Steve

• 5. Re: Problems with video sharing
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

How about me trying to replicate your results with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and video effect Render Lightning?

Are you applying this effect to video clip? If so, what format. I try to find a file as close to the one you are using.

Also, give me the project preset and exact export settings for one instance where the lightning effect is not in the export where you applied it in Edit.

Do you think that would help to get at the core of this issue?

Alternatively for troubleshooting purposes only, any rationale for you using the tryout Premiere Elements 13 to determine if the problem exists there for your exports?

ATR