3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 7:43 PM by A.T. Romano

How to get my video to not look sticky while editing

lindzbee

I'm trying to edit video in premiere elements 13 and it starts to freeze up and slows down my videos. I tried exporting it to see what if it was the video and if it still did it then and it didn't. But it really hard to edit because it freezes and slows the video down. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?

• 1. Re: How to get my video to not look sticky while editing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

lindzbee

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

What are the properties of the source media that you are importing into the project (including? And, what are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of those source media imports? See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio, even if the field look grayed out.

When you are playing back the Timeline content in the Edit area monitor, is there an orange line of the Timeline content during that playback?

Other considerations include

1. Video card/graphics card or cards (See Device Manager/Display Adapters/ to confirm card(s), name, dating and version?

2. Size of the project and what exactly you are doing in the program when problems set in..applying effects, titles, transitions, etc.?

3. Running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges?

4. Problems existing with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

5. Using a pen and tablet device instead of mouse?

We will be watching for your details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to get my video to not look sticky while editing
            lindzbee Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm using a Mac Book Pro. I'm importing media from a Nikon D5300 I'm not exactly sure what the properties of the footage are but when I go into project settings it won't let me change anything except the display format everything is grayed out but this is what it looks like

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 11.25.47 AM.png

Yes there is an orange line. Also part of the video box is blue and thats where the video dosen't play right it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 11.27.53 AM.png

• 3. Re: How to get my video to not look sticky while editing
              A.T. Romano Level 7

lindzbee

Thanks for the reply.

Since you are dealing with a .mov file, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

Double check to make sure that you have QuickTime presets under Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime.

Your project appears to be set 1080p60 (1920 x 1080 @ 59.94 progressive frames per second), and your camera does record

1920 x 1080 p60, so I am assuming that you do not have a project preset problem. Nonetheless, after you import the file into the project

with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets, right click the file's thumbnail in Project Assets and see what it says for frame size

and frame rate, and let us know what you find.

What are the pixel dimensions of the jpg that you have on the Timeline? If you remove that transition and jpg from the project, do the problems stay

the same or get worse or go away? As for that gap in the audio, can you fill that in with muted audio clip?

Is your computer optimized...it might be worthwhile to do a free ccleaner run through.

CCleaner for Mac OS X

In the screenshot that you show of the Timeline, what is the total duration of that Timeline that we are viewing there?

Let us consider the above and then decide what next based on your further details and results.

Thank you.

ATR