0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2007 3:17 AM by cosmacol

Flex Builder, debugger and web application: how?

cosmacol Level 1
      Hello,

I'm traying to setup a project in eclipse with both a java web application (servlets, jsp) and flex applications as a frontend. So I installed flex builder as a plugin on an eclipse+web standard tools, then created a WST web application project, and used the "Add flex nature.." of the flex plugin. I don't want to use the flex data services.

Now, in a standard run (I installed a tomcat 5.5 and configured it in eclipse), my mxlm files are being correctly compiled into swf, and they are successfully calling my servlets (which simulates a backend xml-based interface).

I'm having problems in debug: if I launch the debug profile related to tomcat, the normal version of the sfw will be used (even manually switching to the "-debug" version, it says that a running flex debugger has not be found on localhost). On the other way, if I launch the debug as a "flex application", it seems to work (it stops at breakpoints) but my tomcat is not started at all, the swf is accessed as a local file and all call to my servlet will fail.. so it will stop working almost immediately.

There is a way to setup eclipse to start standard java debugging with tomcat *and* the flex debugger?

Thanks
      Cosma