3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2007 5:42 AM by Charles E. Brown

Running Vista

Charles E. Brown Level 1
      I installed Flex Builder 2.01 successfully in Vista.

When I went to run a simple mxml file I got a message telling me "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in the drive".

I can run it from the html file however.

Has anyone else run into this and, if so, know how to fix it. I checked all my settings and they seem to be correct.

Many thanks in advance,
      Charles
        • 1. Re: Running Vista
          Charles E. Brown Level 1
          As an update, the problem seems to be in locating the browser. When I go into Windows > Preferences > General....Browser...I get the same message. It is looking, for some reason, for the browser in a different drive.

Is there any other way of changing the default browser other than Windows > Preferences?

Many thanks
          • 2. Re: Running Vista
            richard_au13
            Hi Charles
            Just to let you know you are not alone. I have just downloaded 30 day trial and am finding similar problems...lucky I haven't handed over my $'s for the real thing..hope a solution for vista is being worked on although I note that Flex3 beta won't run on Vista so I'm not confident
            • 3. Re: Running Vista
              Charles E. Brown Level 1
              Hiya:

That posting was from last March. It is running fine now. The first time you run it you have to right click and select Run as Administrator and it should work fine.

Cheers,
              Charles