7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 10:30 AM by thebass

Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro

MsAmos12

Hi, when I export my footage I am seeing a slight green line on the right edge of the frame, no matter the media player and is visible as well on youtube and vimeo uploads.  I am making sure it is exported at 1280x720 as that is the aspect ratio I am recording at on my GH2. The GH2 are avchd files or .mts files natively, so when I import them I convert them using Adobe Media Encoder set to ProRes 720 60fps.  This green line does not occur on every clip when I export, just the majority of them.  I am also using Premiere Pro CC 2014 with the latest version updated.Screen Shot 2014-12-27 at 12.10.12 AM.png Please help!

• 1. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Why Prores? Premiere edits the mts files native.

Import them as mts, edit and export them and see if the green line is still there.

• 2. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
            MsAmos12 Level 1

I do it because a lot of people ask me for the clips to send them, and sending mts files isnt the easiest way, and because I should be able to convert to prores and not experience this.

• 3. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
              DMH79 Level 2

Can you send a screenshot of your video export settings? I vaguely remember this happening a couple years back but can't recall how it was resolved at the moment.

• 4. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
                MsAmos12 Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-01-01 at 10.22.25 PM.pngTheses are the general settings I usually export my videos with if they are going online, usually the bit rate is a little higher.

• 5. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
                  DMH79 Level 2

Hmmm. Is your "max bit depth" checked? I vaguely remember having an issue once upon a time and I can't remember if that was related or not. It seemed like it shouldn't be related but I'm recalling that once I unchecked that setting, my issues went away. What's odd is that it doesn't happen on all of them. Not 100% sure, sorry. Maybe someone else can help or Google.

• 6. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
                    MsAmos12 Level 1

I tried it and it did seem to work for most of the clips, however i did notice a slight blue line in a couple of them, not all the way down like the green one was but more in the middle right of the frame, like a slight 1-2 pixel band in and out of the frame.

• 7. Re: Green Line on right side of exported video Premiere Pro
                      thebass Level 1

Yes looks very similar to what I am getting with the cube transition.

It is probably something to do with the MPE and Direct X or Acc Graphics used to process the clips during the transition, only a guess for a non programmer like myself lol.

Yes, bet it is one of those bugs that has slipped through, when viewing as a screen shot it is hard to see it at stop so possible more so even in motion, but yes it is there and as I posted in my other thread, I am seeing it also, I am not green screening neither.

As say, for TV's then probably 99% of the time it will be hidden in the overscan area but for some and for Web Based viewing, I as you, would rather it not be there.

As say it is kinda like the feature in EDIUS Called enable transition handling in over scan, where the default for a new project is set at 3%.

Anyway, I have kinda solved my problem with the cube spin transition by subscribing to Red Giant Universe at $10 a month, they have a nice set of transitions that work well in premiere Pro CC, I am currently on version 8.0.1. Though I do plan on upgrading as and when to the newest one 8.0.2. Though doubt that the original issue has been fixed, but for now, I am using Red Giant.

FInally, I notice that if I click on the settings box in Red Giant Transitions, then it crashes Premiere Pro with this message, so I avoid doing that, but still work mentioning, probably should put this into a fresh post of submit bug report, I will also contact Red Giant to make them aware of it also.

Premiere Pro has encountered an error

[..\..\Scr\AESupport.cpp-86]

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:    8.1.0.81

Application Timestamp:    5426694c

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR110.dll

Fault Module Version:    11.0.51106.1

Fault Module Timestamp:    5098826e

Exception Code:    40000015

Exception Offset:    00000000000740da

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:    2057

Additional Information 1:    9bca

Additional Information 2:    9bca88f85e8c36e7d86179cefb863392

Additional Information 3:    e5c7

Additional Information 4:    e5c75cdca8ef833efce9f20f61f3f27a

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt