• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfer a purchased ebook to device when it comes up as "CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED no permission to copy this book"?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought an eBook copy of The Hobbit, but when I downloaded it onto the Adobe Digital editions, everything went okay I can read it via the computer. I then went to transfer it to my e reader as I had done before successfully (although it was a few years ago) it sent an error message saying that the book could not be copied. I checked that my device was authorized and double checked that I was transferring it correctly and tried again but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the copy of the download and sent it via the computer to the eBook which seemed successful until I tried opening it and it came through as "file protected"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and I solved it by authorizing my computer.(Go to the Help tab). I had to create an Adobe ID, but after that my ebooks transferred onto my device. I hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help tab where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the help tab but my computer is authorized and I already had an Adobe id as well. I have never had this trouble before I bought all of the game of thrones books and they transferred without any problems to my device I have sent in a query to the bookseller that I bought it through hopefully this might help. Thank you all very much for your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen and I do this all of the time. The last time was only about a month ago and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had the problem fixed, I wrote in to Kobo which is the company whom the bookshop uses for downloading eBooks and sent them a screenshot of the error message and info on the book and they fixed the problem for me. I just had to erase the download from digital editions and re-download it again which then was easily transferred to my e Reader. They said that the copy I received must have already been transferred before so they just had to reset it.Hopefully this helps anyone else that has had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines