13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 4:48 PM by A.T. Romano

Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?

jasperthesiamese Level 1

I already have Photoshop Elements 12 and was bought Premiere 13 for xmas and they are not recognising each other. Each keep asking if I want to download the trial version of each? I dont know if you can use Photoshop Elements 12 with Photoshop Premiere 13 so I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop Elements 13 to see if they would work together but they dont. I am trying to do a slideshow in Photoshop Elements 12 and when it comes to the output I want to put it onto a DVD and give it as a present. It does say to transfer to Photoshop Premier (which I have on my wondows 8 computer) but when I click on the link to transfer, it only gives me the option to trial it? And I already have it?

• 1. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jasperthesiamese

Several key factors here....the new Elements Organizer 13  is markedly different than Elements Organizer 12. The Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow of version 12 and earlier is gone and is replaced by Elements Organizer with different slideshow opportunities very much unlike what you have in 12.

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements integration comes with the same version of the programs on the same computer. But, there are special considerations in this case since we are dealing with a new Elements Organizer in 13.

However, if you want to salvage your already made Elements Organizer 12 slideshow project and open it in Elements Organizer 13, it is possible. You can also get 1080p and 720p slideshow out of it. You know that already if you have Premiere Elements 13 and its Elements Organizer 13. If interested in this salvage...on to Elements Organizer 12 catalog conversion in Elements Organizer 13.

Elements Organizer 13

File Menu

Manage Catalogs

Catalog Manager and hit its Convert Button

In the dialog that opens, look for the name of the Elements Organizer 12 catalog.... Convert Button

The converted Elements Organizer 12 catalog should open in Elements Organizer 13.

When you go to double click the slideshow thumbnail (Slide Show Project) in the converted catalog in Elements Organizer 13, Elements Organizer 13 wants to convert the slideshow into the format of its new slideshow feature there. You should see

12 13 Conversion.JPG

Once the converted Slideshow opens, you will see opportunities for Edit, Save, Export including options to Play or Exit.

If you want to get that converted slideshow into Premiere Elements, then you export to 1080p or 720p and then bring that into

the Premiere Elements 13 Editor using Add Media/FIles and Folders.

Please review and let me know if I have targeted your questions.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
            jasperthesiamese Level 1

Thank you for your reply. Im not too bothered about the slideshow as I can do another one as I have all the photos. I have just put some videos in my organiser and clicked on the Editor and it has asked me to sign in. I already have photoshop Elements 12 and a trial of 13? I am in Photoshop Elements Premiere which I got for xmas and when I am siging in it is telling me that Sign in is required and then it says Terms and Conditions for trial software? This should be the full version not trial and no where on the packet does it mention trial and actually says that within the packet there is a trial version of Elements 13? So I go to sign in and all I get is an advert for adobe photoshop elements 13!! How to buy it now or start a trial! I already have the trial on my desktop. So I have to come out and I dont get any further? Sorry I hope I have explained it correctly and I really appreciate any help. Ps I have uninstalled it once and installed it again.

• 3. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jasperthesiamese

Thanks for the reply.

Not too frequently, but those pop up messages about License this Product or Continue Tryout have appeared even when you are trying to work with your purchased product. It has happened to me from time to time. I just clicked License this Product and followed the instructions. And, the message did not come back again.

For the moment, forget about Photoshop Elements 12 or 13. Open Premiere Elements 13 to the Welcome Screen. Select Organizer. The Elements Organizer 13 should open. The following should happen...

a. You can import photos and videos into the Elements Organizer 13 with its File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/from Files and Folders.

b. Then you Ctrl click the thumbnails of the imported photos or videos to select the ones you want to take into Premiere Elements, right click anywhere in the selection, and then select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor from the menu that appears. The selected items will appear in Projects Assets and Timeline of the Premiere Elements project that opens.

Note: In Premiere Elements 13 Editor, there is an Add Media choice of Elements Organizer 13. And, you can also access Elements Organizer 13 from the Organizer Tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements Editor workspace.

If you need to get Elements Organizer 12 content (photos or videos) into Elements Organizer 13, then convert the Elements Organizer 12 in Elements Organizer 13.

Please give this another look. If we still are not in sync on what should be happening (and is not), we will seek to determine were we may not be communicating.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                jasperthesiamese Level 1

When I selected the photos in the premiere organizer and right clicked and selected Edit with Premiere Elements Editor from the menu I get a pop up box saying "Files sent to Premiere Elements Editor will be inserted at the end of the Timeline. Premiere Elements default durations for Still Image and video transition will be used. I clicked OK It then comes up with the sign Adobe sign in required "Signing in with Adobe ID is required to activate the software. Enter Adobe ID to register your product" I click sign in now and enter my password and click accept and it takes me straight back to the organizer with the selected photos. If I click Editor then the sign in required box appears again? The only option I have then is to quit. I appreciate your help and hope we can get this sorted.

• 5. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

If I select the photos in the organizer in premier 13 and click on slideshow it says "Component Activation" Adobe Premiere Elements needs to be activated or installed in order to add some of the selected filles & componenets " I am actially in premiere 13? I click ok  and it gives a choose a theme. I chose holiday season and click next. I click audio and choose my own tune and click sync to music. Then all I have is the EXPORT section top right which all it says is Export to Local disc. Then at the bottom it says Undo, Remove (which I cant use as its greyed out), Thmes, Captions ON, and add text slide. Top left slideshow builder?

• 6. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                    jasperthesiamese Level 1

I can import photos and videos (although when I tried to play back a video there was no sound?) but when I click the Editor to edit the photos/videos I get the sign in and then when I sign in the edito doesnt open so I only have the organizer. Hope you can help

• 7. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Referring to your post numbered 5...

If you opened Elements Organizer 13 and added photos there with File Menu/Get Photos and Videos/From Files and Folders, select your imported photos, and hit Create/Slideshow and then get an message of any kind, you are in the Elements Organizer 13. Do you recall what component wanted to get activated there?

You select a theme. You select Holiday Season. And, you click next. You see your slideshow interacting in the Holiday Season theme.

At this point, below the displaying slideshow should be a panel with choices Edit - Save - Export - Exit. The Save saves the slideshow in the Elements Organizer in a Slide Show Project format so that you can re-edit the slideshow later, Export gives you the opportunity for the slideshow as 1080p or 720p saved to the computer hard drive.

But, it your next step is adding your own audio, I suspect that you hit Edit next and used Audio tab at the bottom of that "Slideshow Builder" workspace that opened when you hit Edit. Did you preview your added audio in the Slideshow Builder, and did it play back there? Your only way to get that slideshow out of the Elements Organizer 13 is with Export (for 1080p or 720p slideshow). That Export at the top right of the Slideshow Builder workspace is the same Export that you saw in the Edit, Save, Export, Exit Panel before you entered the Slideshow Builder workspace.

Did you Export to get 1080p or 720p slideshow? If you did, did that slideshow (AVCHD.mp4) play back with Audio and Video using one of your computer players?

If you followed that course and saw these different stages, you seem to be OK so far.

Now for the next reply to your post numbered 6.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

In reply to your post numbered 6....

The issue of creating and exporting the Elements Organizer 13 slideshow can be a different matter than importing a video into the Elements Organizer

13 thumbnail area and trying to get play back of the file using the Elements Organizer 13 player.

There are several unresolved issues currently being discussed in this forum about video which will play back without sound in the Elements Organizer 13.

The cause of this issue is still opened for discussion. I seem to think it relates to Dolby Digital support for this particular player. Others point to a possible

problem between a Elements Organizer 13 64 bit and QuickTime 32 bit. But the bottom line is that this particular issue is targeting the Elements Organizer and not the Premiere Elements Editor.

What are the properties of those files that will not play back with sound in your Elements Organizer 13 thumbnail display area?

As for the Premiere Elements 13 Editor not opening, please confirm the sequence of events.

1. If Premiere Elements 13 is closed, can you open the program  to a new project in its Expert workspace without any Sign In message?

2. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed

on your computer?

Let us consider the above and then decide what next for this question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                          jasperthesiamese Level 1

With regards to selecting photos and clicking on the slideshow what I get is the photos and a bar which says Edit-save-export-exit. It has a play button , an edit button which if I press this it goes to slideshow builder.. I can save Export has Expoort to local disc and Facebook and then the eit button. Sorry I dont understand the question you asked "Do you recall what component wanted to get activated there?" My only problem is that I am unable to open the editor

I am unable to open the editor for videos only. It will allow me to open the Editor for photographs but not for videos. I f I choose any videos then and click video editor then all i get is the sign in now "signing in with an Adobe ID is required to activate the software. I eneter my password and sign the licencing agreement and thats it it goes no further thus not allowing me to make any videos at all.

No I am unable to open Editor for either a new project or exiting.Both asks me to sign in and then doesnt allow me to go any further

I am running the program from a disc hat was bought from Amazon

Regarding quicktime, I didnt knOw what it was so I have just installed it on my PC

Thank you for helping me with this

• 10. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Thanks for the reply,

Did you notice any change at all in the Editor opening videos after you installed latest version QuickTime, restarted the computer, reopened Premiere Elements?

Please remind me of the format of these videos that will not open....H.264.mov, H.264.mp4, AVCHD.avi, Xvid.avi, MotionJPEG.avi, other? If not sure, what is the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the videos that will not open in the Editor?

And, let me make sure...at this time, you can open Premiere Elements 13 to the Expert or Quick workspace, but you cannot import videos into that project? Is that correct? Or, you cannot get the program to open to the workspaces once you have selected Video/New Project from the Welcome Screen. Is that correct?

Let us see if we can make any progress in the troubleshooting by deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if necessary the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. I have detailed that in your other thread. Some of your earlier problems were likely caused by the fact that you did not have latest version QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements - that is a System Requirement.

I suspect that you are working with hide files/folders enabled and need to enable Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in order to follow through on those deletions.

More later.

ATR

• 11. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                              jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good afternoon ATR

There is no change at all in opening the Editor. It still asks me to sign in and click the agreement then goes back to showing just the organizer

The files are AVCHD files and they say that they open with Media player?

The problem I am having is that I can only use the organizer and only edit photos not videos

So I can upl;oad any photos or vvideos but I cannot make a video movie

I have now added quicktime and done a system clean up using the recommended by yourself, uninstalled and installed again taking off the firewall to do so and I still cannot edit any videos

Hope you can help me

• 12. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

Please confirm....with this particular Premiere Elements 13...did you find and delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if necessary, the whole 13.0 Folder in which it existed.

From your latest thread, you appear to have downloaded the Premiere Elements 13 tryout to determine if that will work for you.

When you say that you cannot edit videos, are you dealing with only that one video format which you describe as AVCHD? If so, what is the file extension at the end of the file name? Is it .mp4, .mov, or .avi or something else. If it is AVCHD.avi, the stop. That format will not import into Premiere Elements.

Looking forward to your confirmation on the above details.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

Add On....It would help if you kept to one thread on this common problem of editing of video in Premiere Elements 13. But for now I will try to find and

follow up on each of your several current threads on this same problem.

• 13. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                                  jasperthesiamese Level 1

Good morning ATR

i haven't deleted any files at all as yet. The Trial version of Premier 13 is on my desktop but doesn't work and I also have the bought Premier 13

The videos that I have been trying to use in the Editor are back in the organizer

All my videos are showing as MTS files?

Asking me to sign in etc

If I click Medadata in  then they are video/mpeg

• 14. Re: Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13?
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jasper

From a prior thread of yours and most recent post, you seem to have traced your Premiere Elements 13 (purchased) issues to a problem in the purchased product and are getting a refund. So, we have closure on that one. Still pending is whether or not you are going to pursue troubleshooting on the Premiere Elements 13 tryout that you downloaded from Adobe.

I would like to bring closure to all your prior threads on this matter and have you build one new thread for any subsequent troubleshooting of getting a working Premiere Elements 13 installed on your computer.

As a point of reference and to avoid you having to go hunting for your earlier threads on this matter, I am posting a list of them to reference back to if ever needed

THREE TIMES I HAVE DONE CHAT AND THREE BLOGS AND NOTHING. I cant load premiere elements 13 editor please help!!

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1668196

Cannot download the trial version of premier 13

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1669061

Can Photoshop Elements 12 work with Photoshop Premiere 13? - This is the thread that I am posting to here.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1667066

We will be watching for further developments when your schedule permits.

Best wishes on whatever your video editing decisions may be.

ATR